Randy, this is how I see it................

I commend you for your efforts, they are an act of giving few will make.

ER smile.gif

Yep very well said ER....anyone on here that is promoting our sport, for the good of others....YES highly commendable smile.gif

WELL that answers my question.

Just another quick question if ya'll don't mind. If someone showed up for an event in a RR with inline seats and didn't have the 2 seat rear deck lid, he couldn't compete.....PERIOD? No considerations? It is technically a passenger sport boat of heavier weight than a Mod VP.

Thanks for the clarifications.....I'm just curious.

So, if I have Triad build me a 1400 pound DR-20 or DRX, the guys running in Lake Racer in bass boats should be forced to race against my Pro Gas boat at 1900 pounds?

What is the published spec sheet weight on either of these boats? That was the point I was trying to make. If there is none then it becomes a problem and you can have built any weight boat you want but if it is in the mid 500 lb range than they are out ( a pre-determined weight would have to be established, ex. 700 lbs min. per advertised weight ).

They are also full canopy boats and under no circumstance should be allowed in any entry level class.

I am just throwing these ideas on the table for suggestions, so please don't take any of this the wrong way.

RICH....your boat is 3 seat Capable so it should be fine to run it the way it is...correct me if I am wrong guys

Big Iron - In the case of Triad built boats, there is no published weight. they build custom boats to whatever weight the customer wants - within reason. That is for both STV's and DR's.

Dreamer - NO! You do not have to have the rear seats with you or IN the boat in order to be allowed to race in Lake Racer. The manufacturer produces the River Rocket in a 3 and 4 seat form. That is well within the intent and wording of the rules.

RICH....your boat is 3 seat Capable so it should be fine to run it the way it is...correct me if I am wrong guys

Anthony, you understand the concept of "open cockpit 3 seat capable hull".

River Rockets, Allison XR2002's, Jaguars, all hi perf bass boats etc are exactly the boats this class was written for.

ER smile.gif

THANKS ER and Wayne, This was Dreamer's concern...which is no concern smile.gif

post-6-1116341789.jpg

Evin Rude,

That is the key to making it work...A Bill France type person with the knowledge of most boats to group them. We do run before hand and time them, but everyone knows what the score is. In three years I haven't had a ringer. I am expecting it to happen though. At that time he will be brought to bear and moved or slowed down. Everyone agrees before hand that the greater good is 19 close boats and not the one that kills everyone. Thay understand that I can and will penalize them if they are too good. For now this system works..it brings people off the lake that would never try before. If they want more heads up racing that where the ODBA and such are where they can go. But together we can expand the sport and that has always been my point.

Up here I don't care if someone that I have never sold anything to or know wins. If it's close and fun he'll be back. All the regulars want MORE competition so I work hard to make it close. Three years running and most of our races are camera type finishes. I do this for the sport....believe me I have enough on my plate without all the work doing it. In closing, If you came up and raced I guarantee you'd walk away feeling that you have had the best chance of victory and most importantly the most fun you could have. Nobody loses and we all get together afterward to eat or hang out. Some move up to the ODBA and that is what's great.

Randy

Big Iron, Absolutely, Cmon up! Our Lakes are cold, but so is our beer! wink.gif Three years ago I would have never saw myself drag racing, now I'm to the point that if there was ODBA stuff within a day's drive I'd probably give it a try. It's fun to do something totally different from the 8 to 5.

...............That is the key to making it work...A Bill France type person with the knowledge of most boats to group them. ...

I agree. You are on the mark about the Bill France type.

I see what the guys are doing with the new version of DSRA. Its a business, not a club. Time will tell, but so far the three owners have it going their way.

I have enjoyed every event I have been too, wheather I raced or just watched, wheather I won or lost (mostly lost......LOL)

ER smile.gif