AnthonySS

Attn GPI re: Merc Cleavers

Randy,

I have a prop marked 14x30 130 Pierson racing 30 Hurricane offshore. I will try to post pictures. I would be the prop on the left in the picture. Can you comment on this prop? I am going to try it on my Euro Ski with a Merc 2.5 Drag. What kind of numbers should I expect?

That prop was something we did 15 years ago. It was much like a lightning ET in it's shape and idea. Several years later the ET came out and we didn't have to cut up choppers and OMC SRXs to make that blade. I have a couple and they are still not bad even today. 15 years is a long time to stay up there.

Randy

That prop was something we did 15 years ago. It was much like a lightning ET in it's shape and idea. Several years later the ET came out and we didn't have to cut up choppers and OMC SRXs to make that blade. I have a couple and they are still not bad even today. 15 years is a long time to stay up there.

Randy

im running a 26 chopper that came with the eruo i just bought its got some mods and the privious owner has run it to 8600rpm. 1:87 sport master. i have run low 7000s with a lot of throttle left. im used to a bigger boat 28 skater. the stv seems to want no boat wakes at all. i hit a wake board boats roller that bounced back off the leeve at 7000 and i had to pettle it big time it was not happy. i have a 14.5x30 clever lab real nice prop have not run it yet. it sounds like its not going to be the prop i need?

The prop on the left with the point ears is marked 14x30. The prop on the Right is a round ear 14 1/4 x 26 which will carry four people to 100 MPH plus with My Euro using a 2.5 Merc drag motor. I was going to try the 14x30 next week. I am sure both props were Randy's work. I just wanted to know more about them.

[attachmentid=1785]

post-780-1120518696.jpg

Bob K,

What part of the world are you in? I haven't seen that prop (the 30) in quite a while. It was very fast for it's time and I wonder how you got it. The blade cuts are to let the boat settle without running a prop with less blade area (diameter). It started out as a bigger area prop and we tailored it to fit the boat/motor we were running. It should turn rpm much like a 28 chopper but it will top out like the 30 it is. Because of the smaller cup and area it will be picky as far as engine height is concerned. Give it what it wants and it will fly.

Randy

Interesting blade cut on LH Prop