Brandon

Ocean's River Rocket

Here's a couple of pic's of our River Rocket at Ocean Outboard & Ocean Marine... almost done breakin in the motor, the euro will be in the water soon as well.. ill get some pics next week of the rigging its pretty trick what we did with the fuel system..

post-769-1117309497.jpg

smile.gif I'd love to see more of the Euro's Brandon.

I know they're not the fastest STV out there,

but they're a great looking boat !!

Post lots of photos, when you are able to.

Interior and exterior.

Thanks,

Bruce. biggrin.gif

heres one of the control box, the shifter and foot pedal are both In-Control products

post-769-1118158678.jpg

here's the Fuel system i mentioned earlier... its pretty trick, everything is mounted on a bracket we fabricated...

post-769-1118158831.jpg

here's another... not completely done yet, still need to mount the small battery for the 24 volt trim

post-769-1118158915.jpg

i'll try to get some better pics of that in the day light... heres a couple more pics..

post-769-1118159020.jpg

Yea they should really come with that installed already

Brandon ,

Is that Steering Wheel with the trim rockers a Mach unit or ????

Thanks ,Lloyd

Lloyd, that steering wheel is a CRT wheel, they have a website im not sure the name of it though, Randy from GPI told me about the wheel, im sure he knows the website.. i beleive it may be GTmarine.com or something to thatt affect

I agree they should come with the gas caps in the top of the tank as well. I was getting ready to do one like the one above and saw it done a little differently at the RBR this past weekend that got me thinkin. The one I saw was in the raised portion where the hoses come into the tank. Seemed like a good idea to be able to top it off completely.

Great looking boat Brandon. What kind of LU is that?

Brandon, nice rigging. Can you fill in some blanks as to how that fuel system works. I see 2 fuel pumps and am assuming the red tank is a slosh tank maybe?

This efi stuff is still new to me and my system sure doesn't look like that.

Also, you mention another battery for 24v trim. It looks like you have Mercruiser pump in their now. Your not going to send 24v to that pump are you? If so, you'll never loose a power trim race! biggrin.gif

That's correct...Wally can not install the fuel cap on the tank top...

Still the factory setup is somewhat hard to use..if not impossible...

Also the vent hose is subject to water intake...I removed it and

installed one long enough to have a loop in it to discourage any

chance of water getting into the fuel cell

ProComp, The fuel system works like this... From the fuel tank, the fuel goes through the fuel filter to the low preasure 14 psi holly pump, from there it goes to the collector or "slosh" tank which then goes to the high preasure pump to the engine... the return from the engine does not go back to the fuel tank, it returns to the fuel collector tank (the little red tank), if the collector tank begins to get to full, theres a return from the collector tank back to the fuel tank.... the idea for all this is to always have a solid liquid Fuel flow to the motor without any air voids also maintaining a constant fuel preasure, its something we have been using for over 20 years in our offshore race boats, Skaters, etc. if you guys have any question on how its done you can call us at (516)378-0105 it's a pretty neat trick, and it looks real nice too...

"ProComp - Also, you mention another battery for 24v trim. It looks like you have Mercruiser pump in their now. Your not going to send 24v to that pump are you? If so, you'll never loose a power trim race! "

hahaha yes its a mercruiser pump, and its fast enough already, we also have the short trim ram on the motor, so if we do go 24 volt trim im sure we will win any trim race haha

Very Nice Photos and Info Brandon...Thanks for sharing

Ocean, beautiful boat and thanks for sharing.

I do the same thing on the fuel system, only I pressurize the slosh tank to 3 psi, when you pull on fuel it has a tendancy to vaporize in the lines ( a small amount ) so I force feed the hi pressure Weldon 2015.

Both ways SAVE motors.

RT

post-7-1118258730.jpg