STV dreamer

Engine height question.

I know there have been a lot of post about where engine should be, but I don't want to go digging 'em up. Any pointers would be appreciated.

River Rocket w/hydraulic jack and Sporty case. I saw some mention a height from the bottom of the pad and recently another from bottom of 1st notch on centre pad. Props are 30 ET, 30 Cleaver and 32 Cleaver if that makes a difference. I plan on marking the indicator so I know where each is while running.

Thanks.

On my Euro/Sportmaster, It ran best at 1" up and cleavers 1 1/4 to 1 3/8 inch up.

On a cleaver...keep going up till you feel the back of the boat wanting to come around on you at WOT...thats' when you are too high...its interesting ph34r.gif

My sweet spot was 1 3/8" and same with an ET.

REs can take a little more cause they tend to have more rake that bite a bit more at holding the boat.

Just Play and see what works best for you with waht you have,,,,its fun biggrin.gif

Dreamer, I am curious as to why you want to keep that motor on the hydraulic lift?.

Even with the trim indicator, I find it hard to beleive that you can get perfect repeatability with motor height. On all my boats, and the ones I fool with 1/8 of an inch makes a difference in the way the boat runs. I cannot see the hydraulic lift only moving that much.

As for motor height, try it at about 5/8 above. I would not run it over 1" above, the performance will be better slightly lower.

I have never had the feeling of the back coming around like Anthony said, and I certainly would not want it at the strospheric speeds these can run, but I have been up to almost 2" above with no real issues. It didn't run great but itnever got dangerous.

To ask the question where does the motor need to be is a little bit of a loaded question though, I can tell you where it will work........ but that doesn't mean it is going to be the ulitimate setup. Balance will effect a lot, your driving style, boat weight, air conditions, and the shape of the bottom of your boat.

RT