Guest dma251

What is this prop?

Guest dma251

Can anyone help me figure out what this is? it has a rough finish, it has some numbers stamped into the side, and it appears to be a 26 pitch from the last couple digits. Anyone know what this is?

post-772-1118905939.jpg

post-772-1118905996.jpg

Looks like a copy made to look like Mercury ET prop or close to it. I will post a picture of my ET28 later tonight unless someone else does first. MY 28 would run 101mph at 7750rpm(limiter).

So are you asking about one or two props...One seems to have a smooth hub

whereas the one on the other thread is cut out on 3 sides...I would

say the shape and blade style of either one is of the ET type...

Guest dma251

This is one prop. The hub is flat on both mounting sides. It has almost the exact same blade shape as a Mazco RE3, except the finish is very rough sanded. I guess you would call it a chopper.

I guess what I am also wondering is what general characteristics I can expect from a prop of this type, as compared to an ET Lightening, or a cleaver.

Sorry for the lame question, but I am new to this, and I am trying hard to learn about props, but there is very little difinitive info regarding the general types and styles out there. I got three different props with my boat, and I am wondering what they are, and what they would do differently then each other.

One is a 26P ET Lightning - I wish I knew more about these props....

Another is a 29P Mazco RE that appears to have had some lab work done to it.

And finally a mysterious chopper that you can see in the pictures.

The ET is the only one I ran, and it hit the rev-limiter at 96.5 mph. But felt really nice doing it...

I don't think you will like the 26ET very much, they are very bad props.

I think you will have to sell it to me so that it does not cause you any frustration.

Yeah...sell it to RPM... laugh.gif And btw

The pic of the above prop is not the same

as the pic you show in the general discussion

thread...I do not have a real ET wheel so I'm

guessing the one on the boat is the real thing in a

26 pitch...Keep it..And I'm guessing RPM will come back on here and give you

the real lowdown on the various props you can use...

And you might want to try a cleaver

post-307-1118949857.jpg

Guest dma251

Okay, sorry about all the confusion - The prop I have been running is the ET, the one in the other post.

The prop on this thread I determined today is a 26P Big-ear early A5 Mercury chopper.

The serial number matched up with a listing I got today.

Mystery solved, but is it a decent prop? What are they known for characteristicly?

Okay, sorry about all the confusion - The prop I have been running is the ET, the one in the other post.

The prop on this thread I determined today is a 26P Big-ear early A5 Mercury chopper.

The serial number matched up with a listing I got today.

Mystery solved, but is it a decent prop?  What are they known for characteristicly?

Decent prop but not going to be your best prop. In my experience, the choppers have more bow lift. STV's do not need a ton of bow lift generally.

Guest dma251

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but can anyone describe what is meant by "bow-rise propeller"? I have heard it before describing certain props, but am not sure what is meant.

What types of props (besides choppers) are included in this catagory? I need some education....

Most props with rounded blades lift the front(bow) of the boat. Some lift more than others, some less. The Mercury "ET" prop does have rounded blades but not as rounded as others... and this prop has way less bow lift than most. While on the subject of props, cleavers tend to lift the rear of the hull and thus let the normal air flow through the tunnel lift the front. Not to confuse you, but some cleavers can also add some bow lift. One example is the Mercury 32p cleaver which has more blade rake than the 30P cleaver and this type of prop can lift the bow too.