STV Bob K

2-Cycle High Performance Oils

I have a 2.5 Merc Drag motor and I have been using Mercury 2-Cycle Race Oil at a 32-1 mix for a while now. I was a spector at a APBA race this weekend and visited the AMSOIL booth. I am not sure I buy their claim that the oil works well at 50-1. Also, I have heard that Pennzoil Premium Performance Synthetic blend oil is being used by some other performance/drag racers. Pennzoil seem to cost less per gallon. What 2-cycle oils are other STV owners using and at what mixture. What are the advantages of using synthetic or synthetic blends? unsure.gif

The oil you chose to run is a personal one for many guys. Oil technology has developed greatly over the past 20 years, and all oils are NOT the same. For me, a great oil will protect the engine by reducing friction. Reduced friction gives improved performance and a longer life.

The places I inspect include the bores, the piston skirts, and the piston pins. As well as determining how long good ring seal lasts.

I have never seen an oil protect an engine and produce power like ALYSYN does. It doesn't leave a residue on the top of the pistons or under the rings, and it doesn't rob octane like a lot of other oils will.

http://www.aerospacelubricants.com/cgi-bin...IsB&details=706

But run whatever you want. It is YOUR engine, and your pocket will be the one paying for the oil and the parts to rebuild the engine. Look at what fuel costs to run you boat these days, and look at what it costs to rebuild an engine. Then decide what oil you want to run.

I ordered 2.5 gal of the Alisyn Synthetic oil. Thanks everyone for you comments.

Wayne,

Are there any issues with with adding a mixture of 32-1 Alisyn to my tank that contains fuel with the Mercury Race oil mixed at 32-1? rolleyes.gif

cool.gif I just received 2.5 gal of the Alisyn oil today. I am in Michigan, the oil was shipped from Columbus Ohio. It took only 3 days to get here by standard UPS ground.

Thanks again for the advise.