Jeff"Yammer"

Jackplate's

I know there is a man. who makes a STV specific ( or one that happens to fit perfect anyway ... ) jack for the use of a 15"mid on a 20" transome . Do you know if it can be used with SeaStarPro or just cable/pully ?

Thanks .... I had all of this stored but I forgot !!!

Yammer

Yammer,

Chuck Goodman, at www.hydrodynamics-USA.com

He makes them for the STV. If you get a 7" you can only use rideguide, and have limited trim. If you get an 8.5" you can use sea star..... still with limited trim. If it were me I would get chuck to put a 4 degree positive wedge in the plate and run a short trim ram.

If you have some pictures, I would love to see them!.

RT

RT .... thanks !

I'll call him ASAP. I do have a short trim ram and yes it is going to have the added positive trim angle built into the plate , but I wanted to use SeaStarPro ....... HHMMMM what now. 8.5" is too far back and I don't want to cut the boat down to a 15" and I don't like the look of the cables on the outside of the boat ........ !!! Maybe I'll get the type of exits that Rusty Lamb uses on his LeeCraft Champboats !! ???? !!

Yammer ........... going to go and run it on the ramp for a few minutes.

OH and does anyone have a prop that can be borrowed for the weekend .... all of mine are gone to get slightly worked and the two new ones I bought are on route here but probably not till next week unsure.gif

Jeff,

I would call Dewitt Deweese at Boatworks - 601.853.1007

I know they have had Chuck build 5 1/2 - 7 inch jackplates for use with Seastar steering on 20 inch transoms with 15 inch motors. In fact, they were the ones that designed the first ones for Chuck to build to do this on the Triad STV's.

on the setback, while I agree it is a lot, and again if it were mine I would cut it. BUT, that being said, both Snowmans and PaulB's boats run that set up and both lay down and run great. Neither are ultra light, Paul's about a 650 lb boat, but once he figured it out it ran hard. I am sure he will see this and maybe he will add something.

RT

Jeff here's a pic Dennymac's transom after it was cut down for a 15". he's running one of Chucks 5" screw jacks. you may get away without cutting it with a short ram, but it would be close, to close. I would recommend cutting the transom.

post-72-1124242318.jpg