Sign in to follow this  
Eurotrash

Best prop for a EURO?

This would be for top end running. My 30+ pitch cleavers always worked well on my V-King YT and the Rockets I've had in the past, but I'm new to the Euro and they don't seem to hold the bow up very well at all. I'm still dealing with my skiddish handling issues, but I did try a 29SRX and it worked fairly well and its kinda beat up!

I want 115mph out of this boat and have the power to do it, but I need some suggestions on what prop will get me there.

How about a 30 or 32p ET?

30P RE?

Thanks

biggrin.gif Hi Paul;

Contact Randy at GPI, and ask him about the Triton Hoss props they've been testing.

They seem to be having huge success with these props on all STV's.

Bruce. smile.gif

I imagine you could do 115 with a 28 at about 8600-8700. The slip rate on the Euro seems to be much less than the rockets....in my experience anyway.

What skitish handling issues are you having? What motor, chip etc are you running? I have had great luck with both a 28 ET as well as the "Generation 2" Hoss prop (a 28 round ear) with my euro with a 2.5 260. Randy at GPI is definately the one to talk to about your boat. I am looking for a good drag prop for my euro and would apprecite any advise anyone may have on that subject.

Thx,

Jeff

Paul,

The porting layout of that powerhead is such that the 30"+ props are killing it. The engine needs to run 8500ish to be efficient. I have a good selection of 28 pitch wheels and I would guess that would be where to start. Unfortunately every boat has it's own personality so there is no "one" prop that will serve all Euro's. Try a few and see how the boat reacts. Then go that direction. My rigging and set up tends to like the Hoss style of blade but I have had boats that like et's and choppers etc. One thing I will say is stay away from props with lots of cup. Cup is drag and the trick is to run one with the minimum you can get away with. I'd rather run more pitch with less cup than the other way around. The engine will love you for that choice.

Randy

Paul, as I told you, Randy's favorite prop on a Euro was a 28 Mazco for a long time, my buddy Jody ran 108 with a stock 260 and a 28 Mazco, the original owner of your boat ran a 29 Mazco for 2 years as it was his only prop, my buddy Terry only runs Mazco's on his Euro and Wally recommends a Mazco. I've ran a 28 and a 29 on mine too. Try the new Hoss's for sure but a 29 or 30 Mazco RE 3 should work and hopefully get you where you want to be.

The question is, how much pitch will that powerhead spin at 8500 at the right height? RP - based on porting, how much of a difference would 26cc heads make?

Any top end or just acceleration?

B-RAD