RC51

Interior pedal mounting ?

I would like to install an In Control foot rest/trim adjust in my Euro. However, I don't know if I can screw into the hull where the left foot pedal would go. By looking under the hull it would seem that there would be no problem at all. But, I would hate to drill through the hull or into a place that should not be drilled into. Can someone please help. Thanks

I would like to install an In Control foot rest/trim adjust in my Euro.  However, I don't know if I can screw into the hull where the left foot pedal would go.  By looking under the hull it would seem that there would be no problem at all.  But, I would hate to drill through the hull or into a place that should not be drilled into.  Can someone please help.  Thanks

I mounted my gas pedal this way and it worked great.

get a piece of flat aluminum slightly larger than the base of your foot rest and drill and tap some holes so you can mount the pedal to it. you'll have to cover both sides of all holes with a small piece of masking tape and mark their location with marker to find the holes later on and keep the threads clean. pull up your carpet and glass the plate down. clear the glass off the holes with a dremel or something then lay the carpet back down and screw your pedal down. you may have to trim your mounting screws to the exact length. when all is said and done it looks clean and there are no unnecessary holes in the boat. good luck

I would like to install an In Control foot rest/trim adjust in my Euro.  However, I don't know if I can screw into the hull where the left foot pedal would go.  By looking under the hull it would seem that there would be no problem at all.  But, I would hate to drill through the hull or into a place that should not be drilled into.  Can someone please help.  Thanks

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea. Would that work the same for the left foot pedal? I have the in control throttle installed already and want to install one on the left side with trim control, for the left foot. Does that make sence?

Thanks, that sounds like a great idea. Would that work the same for the left foot pedal? I have the in control throttle installed already and want to install one on the left side with trim control, for the left foot. Does that make sence?

Im sure it would work for your left foot too. just curious..why not trim buttons on the steering wheel?

I have a "dead pedal" glassed in on the left side of my River Rocket - it is a VERY nice feature.

But like Helmut asked, Why do you want trim on the floor? It is much easier to make fine adjustments to trim with your fingers, than with your foot.

I have a "dead pedal" glassed in on the left side of my River Rocket - it is a VERY nice feature.

But like Helmut asked, Why do you want trim on the floor? It is much easier to make fine adjustments to trim with your fingers, than with your foot.

For one, I have already bought the pedal so I guess I'll have to get used to it. The other reason is that my cousins boat (mirage) had a problem with his finger controls. The insulation on the wires near the steering wheel wore through and they grounded out activating the trim up button and it destroyed his engine cover. He is lucky he has a small ram or he may have damaged the top of the hull back by the motor. I helped him replace the wire and switches. After looking at it it just wore throught from turning the steering wheel. I was thinking that having it on the pedal would eleminate the problem. Do you really think it will be that hard to work the trim via foot? I would think it would just take sime time to get used to. So, I should glass it in? Does anyone know what is just below the general area of where you would put the pedal? Thanks

Many STV's have a floor glassed in above the center pod in the front of the boat - some do not. If you have this flooring, then there is a space under the floor to run the wiring and mount the pedal.

Many STV's have a floor glassed in above the center pod in the front of the boat - some do not. If you have this flooring, then there is a space under the floor to run the wiring and mount the pedal.

What would be the easiest way to tell? That would be great. I have a drain by the front seats. Is that a good sign or not? I'll try and post a picture. I always have problems doing so.

If you have a drain between the seats, and the flooring goes all the way to the front bulkhead, then you have flooring to mount the foot throttle and dead pedal. Just realize that the about of room under the flooring DECREASES substantially as you go forwards. But mounting it into the flooring is not a problem.

If you have a drain between the seats, and the flooring goes all the way to the front bulkhead, then you have flooring to mount the foot throttle and dead pedal. Just realize that the about of room under the flooring DECREASES substantially as you go forwards. But mounting it into the flooring is not a problem.

Ok, thanks, I hope to get the time to install it before the big weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.