Sign in to follow this  
Jeff"Yammer"

2.0 F1 power

I took a few today and will post them as I have time . It ran real strong yesterday ..... Its nice to have more pedal left when your running 8500 ... accellerated quite well from 7000 to 9700 then took some more effort to get just past 10000 rpm .

RT is supposed to get me a 28" Labbed Claever to run wink.gif

Yammer

It's not that surprising really. A good 2 litre bridgeport will make somewhere within 20hp of a 2.5 and without such a power dive after the peak. The transfer port area is huge compared to a 2.5 because they are basicly built on the same block architecture. While lacking on the low end due to the cubes, they pull hard once you get the flow going through the motor. I would imagine you have the 9250 limiter removed from the box and are running 21cc or smaller heads. I've always liked that motor as it really reliable when you compare the numbers. I'm also surprised that more don't drag race the engine. It has a nice weight break. Parts are hard to get but I do have a stash of 12 pistons, rings, and pins.

Randy

Randy , I actually have the -15 chip in it. 11,500 Mod U chip !! I am running the intake in my avatar. It is real sluggish in the area of getting on plane ..... Vacume prblem maybe ? It is either an on plane and 3000 rpm or or groggy sounding at anything more than idle ( in gear that is ) other than stepping on it to get it on plane ( with a 26 mind you !! ) But it is a bit of a fuel pig !!! I am only running 130 psi ( 26cc heads ..... Brendan Power did the motor !! ) Leak down is very low .. like 2-4% .

Can't wait to try 21's or tighter and some good 110 fuel !!!!!!!!!! cool.gif

Jeff

The heads may cause some of the low end stuff but I tried a 2.5 chip years ago in a 2 litre and the A53 chip is much crisper. I have one but it has the 9250 limiter in it. You can have it just need to find someone to take the limiter out. The motors love compression and the 21cc heads will wake up the punch. They usually don't pick up top end rpm much but the punch will be quite good.

Randy

biggrin.gif That's a great looking rig Jeff !!

Is that the white one you had earlier this year, with new colour? wink.gif

I guess it doesn't take long, to get to the top of Lake Scugog. blink.gif

Best of luck, getting things sorted out ....... It should be a real screamer. ohmy.gif

Bruce. smile.gif

Yammer,

The chip you have (if it has the numbers 847619-15 or just 15)is out of the 11350A45 and A46 boxes used on the '95 2.0 litre. The limit is 11500. The chip I have is from the A53 box and has the 9250 limit in it for the PROP tour races of the time. The chip number on mine is 847619-13. I have a customer that runs a 2.4 bridgeport and we have an A63 chip (2.5 drag with 56lb reg) running his motor but are using the 39psi regulator. I have the box at 105% and it works better than any combo we've tried. The fuel flow difference between the 39lb regulator and the 56lb is 18%. By running the 39 reg with the A63 chip we are having the same effect as turning the drag box down but now we have much more adjustment. Might be something you can try. I am guessing the chip you have is the '95 2.0 litre but I have know way of telling for sure.

Randy