ProComp

Assistance on 175 Laser Rebuild

Going to pull the oil injection but was wondering if I can pull most of the fuel stuff off the motor and mount it in the boat. To be honest, I don't know what half of this stuff even is. Any comments on what made the mess of the piston? Everything else in the motor is mint. Its a 2001 Merc Repower with really low hours. Thanks.

[attachmentid=1918]

Piston

Can this be removed? Looks like a hole in the back goes into the intake?

post-70-1129301809.jpg

post-70-1129301915.jpg

post-70-1129301999.jpg

you can remove the fuel pump from the vapor seperator put it in the boat, you will have to remove the fuel regulator and tap the bottom with 1/8npt and put a fitting in it to regulate the fuel. all this won't help performance just clean up under the hood. it's probably better just to leave it all there in my opinion, i've been down that road already.

can you tell us more about the motor. it looks like it detonated.

Thanks, maybe I will keep it under there.

I don't know what happened to it as I bought it like this. Figure I will sent out the ECU and injectors to get looked at, rebuild it and keep an eye on it. I only bought it to sell it on the Euro as a turn key package here locally. Might be the slowest Euro on the planet but hopefully the price will be right :)

Oh, well, it will still look cool and be decent on fuel. Maybe we should start a pool as to how fast I can get it to go with the 175. Its going to be stock with reeds, solid mounts and a CLE.

I'll say +/-85 mph with a 175...that's spinning a 28 at about 62-6400 RPM B)