Evin Rude

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You must be one of them Pennzoil and Amsoil guys!.

Nothing better than Alisyn.....

RT

Still need some pictures.

LOL, no I use the R50 cause the race clubs spec it. Its a pretty good oil, a little dirty, but it lubes well.

If I had my pick, it would be Redline. I used their methanol oil way back when and it is unreal, what an imprivement from castor. After I used their methanol premix, I used their regular 2 cycle oils and was impressed.

I think the Ailsyn likes Merkreez better than these Bombardiers anyway.................... :rolleyes:

ER :P

B) Cool pics. Aero, thanks for posting them.

Who are the guys in the photos?

:blink: Man, those V-8's are impressive looking monsters !!

What is the expected H.P. on that motor?

Thanks,

Bruce. :)

Canadian,red shirt Dan Pine,local super stock terror.Black shirt,Acie Stringfield,pro Gas driver.

as for the hp of those motors i don't have a clue,i've heard too many different claims to be sure.maybe someone that knows will post.

The real 3.5 litre V-8 carb engines would pull 415-420hp when we raced them in '84. The square exhaust chest is pre-'84 and was 20-25hp less. They ran these in '81-'83. These are powerhead figures as that's what the dyno was at Second Effort. The center is pre-'85 also so I'd guess it's a '83 or so.

Randy

Randy,the second one down[the unpainted one] is supposed to be an experimental 4 liter that was never produced.i'll get some pictures of the back and ports and post them.

Allen

What is the bore? The 3.5 litre was 3.600". I know of a dozen 4 litres built and the numbers were real high. 485+hp. Cees VanderVelden ran one of the last ones. Absolutely pounded the rest at the Nationals. The block is definitely of the last v-8s. You can tell by the casting.

Randy

I have some pictures from this summer out at Buckeye Lake Ohio and the STV which has a V8 on it. Will post them Wednesday sometime. Not sure of the year or litre, but maybe someone can ID it.

Must be an experimental, the casting look to be some pretty rough sand castings. Were I worked in Ohio we did the production V-8 castings in Permanent mold process.

All the race V-8s were sand cast and rough at that. The 4 litre had some deep tranfer port channels and that was the change over the 3.5. Note the Z-port exhaust. 1985 and they were already 10 years ahead of Mercury...to bad they never carried it over to production.

Randy

the 4 liter is complete,just apart.i'm thinking on the 12" mid it would look real good on my mirage.just think of the bling factor!

allen

post-413-1135778410.jpg

...to bad they never carried it over to production.

Isnt that the truth. The production motor is a completely different design and no where near as good as the race motor. With a few port lay out changes to the F1 overall design, OMC's looper series would have been been a real gem.

RP, do you know why OMC went the way they did with their production motors?

ER B)

ER,

Jim Neurstrom was the engineer and project leader on the race V8. I can't remember the name of the guy that lead the production developement. Why the hell they kept it seperate....imagine a V6 that was based on it. I turned my race V-8 9500 for a WHOLE season. Repeat...WHOLE SEASON, 90 laps a weekend 7-8 times a year plus testing.

If they would have built the production motors based on the race engine....they would have RULED the outboard market. Merc was just getting the bugs out of the 2.4 in '81-83, OMC could have leap-frogged them and never looked back. Instead we got the albatross.

Randy

allen, keep that chit off acie's boat. it's hard enough now staying in the same picture frame with him going down the track. :D

that bich is sick!!!! i be it would fly on his boat. it would be too damn much for you and your boat :D j/k

it scary just looking at the ports on that mutha.

i may not be able to make it this weekend (still on tugboat), so in the event i don't, ya'll becarefull and have fun. schedule has been extremely tight and the boat aint been in the water or had a wrench on it since last august race.

allen, keep that chit off acie's boat. it's hard enough now staying in the same picture frame with him going down the track. :D

that bich is sick!!!! i be it would fly on his boat. it would be too damn much for you and your boat :D j/k

it scary just looking at the ports on that mutha.

i may not be able to make it this weekend (still on tugboat), so in the event i don't, ya'll becarefull and have fun. schedule has been extremely tight and the boat aint been in the water or had a wrench on it since last august race.

Craig,there is no such thing as too much,i'm trying to talk the owner out of the 4 liter,then i'll have Galen stroke it and add three stages of nitrous.that would barely be adequate.

Allen