Firestarter

SRV Steering

I am having a personal battle and I am looking for any and all input.

I am thinking of putting a 15" mid on my SRV and Nydahl cable steering, this is a lake boat, and will be side steer.......... what are your thoughts?

RT

I am still a fan of dual opposed and pulley is cool too.

I like the double nut approach to the opposed

post-6-1136319775.jpg

That is what the boat has/had. I frankly think it to be the weakest system, as only one cable gets the pull. While I agree on the double bolt, the ARP bolt is stronger than the arm that the steering is connected too, on the same side system.

RT

Do you still have the complete opposed that is coming off...OFFERS?

RBT ........ No matter what you put in the boat for steering it will be for show only so go with the highest "BLING" factor.

Just kidding. I like all the Allison's I've driven with side steer cable pulley. But I also like Hyd. too !!!! Its just a bit beefy.

Yammer

PS .... Let me know what you need for steering stuff as I am ready to order my drum/shaft/wheel.

I still have the opposed dash and cables only........ yes open to offers.

Yammer, I was gonna order the 1103-A kit, 1110 Coaming pullies, and 1118 cable tie backs from Baker and 50' of cable.

And, I want to grab my parts this week if possible

RT

THANKS for the info Rob....mostly looking for fitment assembly at engine

Rob,

What are you going to do with the boat 99% of the time? If you are looking for a quick ride that is easy to run down the lake, I like hydraulic. If you want to get every last 0.1 mph out of the boat, and don't mind the wheel torque, go with the Baker/Nydahl stuff. If you are trying to restore it for posterity, use the stock steering with new bolts, and well lubed cables.

Have fun with it, and don't worry about anyone else's opinion.

-W

Ya I know.

Easy would be hydraulic, badass would be Baker/Nydal. Soooooooo me being the idiot who does nothing easy, Baker/Nydal it is. ( I hate Opposed cable steering, so that isn't even an option ). I am not worried about torque, as I can set that up with big pullies, a 14" wheel and bungies if necessary to fix that..... not to mention I don't plan on having much torque anyhow.

And I am after handling, if I want to cruise, I have a sea

RT