Chummy

Winter Mods

This winter I am doing some changes on the boat in the quest for more speed. Here we are at the factory adding some wedge to the pad, sorry for the bad quality photos, I forgot my good camera and this is from my phone. More changes to come....

post-546-1138286638.jpg

post-546-1138286650.jpg

Cool! I'm going to be sporting a 280 this summer, now you got me nervous! I had a pretty big lip on my pad at first, I think it's all gone now. Is a rear fearing in your mods for speed too?

Dam it I knew there was something I forgot to ask Robbie about ... thanks a bunch John!! I'll ask him next time I talk with him. What made you decide to run a 280 this year? you coming to the Allison Rally?

I guess I'm getting older and slowing down :( . Actually, I had to free up some funds to get a pontoon for the family. I doubt we'll make the rally this year, probably stick to the close stuff in Minnesota.

ah come on now John, you gotta come down for the rally, I was thinking about flying up for a couple of days sometime in the summer, see what its like.

I hate to leave you as the only V-21 at the A-boat rally, but the flipside is that you'll be the fastest one this time :P . I'm losing my daycare I had for the kids on taking trips like that, so now Andrea and I have to bring them along. Tennessee might be a bit too much of a pull for them at 3 and 5. Definately come up to MN, we'll show you a good time.

I don't know if any of us will go again, we made the trek because it was the 50th. It would be best to come up during an event here like the MN hotboat meet in Brainerd, or one of the races. Either way we'll leave you with a good ringer in the morning :blink: