ProComp

Fishing Motor Build

Well I wasn't sure whether to bother posting any of this and its not to exciting but then I thought it might be of interest to some guys just getting into boating and maybe some of the experts might catch a mistake and help me out.

Putting together a 1995 2.5 175efi to sell with the Euro in the spring. Think it will make a nice economical SKI Boat for someone up here. Heres some pics of upgrading a fishing motor.

Solid mount upgrade

Reed upgrade from steel to plastic

Oil injection block off plate from Merc

Plastic caged stock rod bearings upgraded to the performance ones. Picture of old ones.

post-70-1138721004.jpg

post-70-1138721077.jpg

post-70-1138721238.jpg

post-70-1138721377.jpg

Cool Brad...keep us updated with progress picture :D

How did I know we'd here from you...................... :) and I was on coffee break ;)

7:16? Look at you wasting quality time with your wife and kids to play on the computer. Why I outa.........

Coffee break? Sure.....and the rebuild gets done over lunch hour...ya...that's it. ;)

After I come into some money and buy this rig, I'm gonna have RP go over it (Hopefully not have to redue any thing...) perhaps even just put a 2.5 monster GPI on it...

I need a money tree to start growing in my back yard!

Ripper

Cool brad, I cannot wait to see the rest of this post. I am getting ready in the next couple of months to do the same thing to a fishing motor and am not totally sure what I am doing. I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

fish

Man, I gave up trying to compete with you buddy. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! :)

Besides, only a guy with a few screws loose would put something like a 225 E-TEC on a pontoon. :ph34r: Ya know anybody like that? :lol:

A few screws is probably being conservative :blink: Every time I try to put out a grass fire with a cup of water it brings me back to killing mosquitos with a sledge hammer. So....your saying I need to find the happy medium? :(

Some updated pics. Cylinders are now vented like a carb set up. Oil inlets capped off with rubber caps.

Adjustable Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator installed with JEGS fuel pressure guage.

Fuel pump, water seperator and inline fuel filter - same system as my 260.

Alien cowl just clears coils at the back of motor :o close call on that one. Probably should of used an exhaust divider from a perf motor.

Iverson - there is no hope for you buddy :rolleyes: and its 3 o'clock, coffee break.

B-RAD

2nd pic - Extra parts. Hope that is a good thing?

post-70-1141419484.jpg

post-70-1141419774.jpg

Careful, drink too much coffee and it will spoil your afternoon nap. :o Looking good on the rebuild! Are you sure your going to be able to part with it after all this bonding time?

Yes, it comes out of the bottom of the regulator. Its a little tough to see in that picture. Its basically the same set up as a 260 only I am using an aftermarket adjustable regulator.

post-70-1141707556.jpg