DWS

New STV River Rocket at the Allison 50th anniversary

New STV River Rocket at the Allison 50th anniversary

Just curious, does anyone have any information on the boat listed in picture below? I am interested to know what has happened to this boat. Any details about the boat then and now would be appreciated.

I went to the Allison 50th anniversary last year and saw this boat. I love the color scheme! It is the best looking STV River Rocket I have ever seen in person. At that time it did not have a motor, seats, gauges, steering, etc Hope the pictures come out in the post ok this is my first time posting here.

[attachmentid=2063] [attachmentid=2064]

post-893-1138930744.jpg

post-893-1138931076.jpg

The boat belongs to Dawn and Jon Graf in MN. Jon is a member here, I'm sure he can shed more light on the subject, it is definately the coolest rocket I've seen.

Thanks for the reply J. Iverson. I hope Jon Graff sees this and responds. It sure would be neat to see pics or hear about how it was finally rigged out. Here is a couple more pics.

[attachmentid=2065] [attachmentid=2066]

post-893-1138935887.jpg

post-893-1138935965.jpg

:) Hi DWS;

With Jon Graff's permission, here are a couple of photos of his Rocket, as they appeared

in the General Discussion forum's page #6 under,"Wecome Jon Graff."

[attachmentid=2067]

[attachmentid=2068]

:) Hi DWS;

With Jon Graff's permission, here are a couple of photos of his Rocket, as they appeared

in the General Discussion forum's page #6 under,"Wecome Jon Graff."

[attachmentid=2067]

[attachmentid=2068]

With out his permission...

Another with out his permission... Oh yah, I'm bad... LOL It is truely one hot boat... Just think Mitzy rides in it like there is not a worry in the world too...

Ripper

I guess I don't know how to just post with out adding... Sorry, I'll learn... One more of this ride...

Here is Mitzy after 100+ short cruise... (Mitzy is the dog!)

Ripper

Sorry for all the phots...

post-982-1138981067.jpg

post-982-1138981182.jpg

post-982-1138981478.jpg

Thank you all for the feed back it is much appreciated.

Any details on the motor?

What is the width dimension inside the cockpit of the STV River Rocket, measuring across the inside of the top edge? Would like to know how wide it is inside for the front & back seat area.

Dawn & Jon Graff, I hope you do not mind me asking about your boat or posting pictures, it is I bet a boat that most of us on this site would love to have. You did a great job with the rigging, it looks great.

[attachmentid=2073]

post-893-1139075082.jpg

Jon brought it to one of our drags in MN and swept his bracket. It is every bit as fast as it looks. The GPI rigging in it is top notch. It is definately a head turner both on the trailer and in the water.

The amount of views listed shows some interest. Here is a couple more pics.

[attachmentid=2082]

[attachmentid=2083]

post-893-1139886328.jpg

post-893-1139887103.jpg

I saw that boat at the Allison Rally and fell in love with it as well as Randy's personal boat. I purchased Randy's personal boat recently and am looking forward to running it out in Northern Calif. this season.

Thanks for posting pictures of our boat! It seems like we've been so busy lately I have'nt had a chance to visit the site recently. We do have more pictures of the boat but most of the good ones have been posted. This season though things could be completely different on the back end of our rocket. If all goes well, we will be running a (Evinrude E-tec) this season to see how it goes. Of course GPI will be rigging this for us along with all the modifications when available. It will be quite fun to see how this stacks up to the old MERC? Once rigged, I still plan to drag a couple times this season. Then we'll see how everything goes? Evinrude came out with a 60 degree V6 that is lighter and much more efficient than any four stroke out there at this time. I hope all this can be arranged. Ca'nt hardly wait till the ice is off! I'll try to watch the site closer next time. Thanks again to everyone who helped with the questions and postings!

Jon, Dawn and Mitzi :rolleyes:

Good view of stripes.

[attachmentid=2085]

Pic of back seat with no upholstery.

[attachmentid=2086]

post-893-1140397777.jpg

post-893-1140397893.jpg

WOW, that is one beautiful boat! i think my next one will be something like this one..

I just stumbled on this post tonight that I started back on 2-2-2006. Just a quick update,  I purchased that STV River Rocket on 10-17-2015 and still have it today.

David Schabel

Louisville, Kentucky 

Stretching the legs on the STV from a long winters nap. 👍

STV River Rocket 799x449.jpg

Relaxing in the back seat of my STV watching boats go by at the Jasper, TN River Run on 10-11-2019.

In the back ground is a good friend of mine Paul, in his New Jersey Speed Skiff. Don’t see many of those boats in Kentucky.

Couple of guys stopped by in a nice looking boat with triple Merc outboards. I chatted with them for a while. Finally one of them said

do you know who this guy is (pointing to the guy in his boat). I said no. This is Wally Lamkin. I had no idea. 😊

Wally said he remembered my boat in his shop.

Went to the ODBA 2019 Jasper, TN drag boat racing the next day.

Had a great time that weekend.

David Schabel

1152299671_STVRiverRocket61050x590Q90.thumb.jpg.e180c61e018164a3123836c1858804cb.jpg