W. Tripp

Would you be interested?

Ported 280 lake engine details/article  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be interesting or not?

• Sounds Interesting!
    • Sounds like a waste of time.

I am in the process of building a mildly ported 280 for my River Rocket. This a performance build up for use on pump gas, not a race engine.

Would anyone be interested in before-and-after photos, port map, and details of what was done and why it was done?

This would be a no holds barred article, all details revealed, and a few tricks shown that have been learned from racing. This is a lake engine not for racing, but with several interesting tricks. I don't want to take the time to do this if no one is interested.

I am in the process of building a mildly ported 280 for my River Rocket. This a performance build up for use on pump gas, not a race engine.

Would anyone be interested in before-and-after photos, port map, and details of what was done and why it was done?

This would be a no holds barred article, all details revealed, and a few tricks shown that have been learned from racing. This is a lake engine not for racing, but with several interesting tricks. I don't want to take the time to do this if no one is interested.

I'm definitely interested !!

Would love to see the build and learn anything,

you are willing to share with us Wayne !!

Bruce. :)

I'm definitely interested !!

Would love to see the build and learn anything,

you are willing to share with us Wayne !!

Bruce. :)

Me too! Thank you Wayne.

id love to see this article.. you have some great knowledge and its great that you take the time and share whatever you can with people..

on another note,i just got a prop shaft dyno, although not anything too crazy, im really excited to start getting some engines on it to see the difference certain changes make and where..

good reading wayne, it seems im a tech reading junkie, there could be a lot worse things to be hooked on!!

I won't have the photos ready for part 1 or part 2 ready until this weekend. BUT, the text for part 2 is done. Should I post it or wait for the photos?

I won't have the photos ready for part 1 or part 2 ready until this weekend. BUT, the text for part 2 is done. Should I post it or wait for the photos?

Which ever works best for you Wayne, I am just thankful you are taking the time to do this.