fish

Installing a Stereo..

So I got tired of taking a bunch of strippers out in my Euro and them having no music to dance to. OK, I just wanted a stereo, but the first version sounded soooo much better. :P Anyway, I ahd the same dilemma most of you have had at one time or another- where do I put the deck? Should I cut into my dash. etc? I do not have the big consoles on the driver side like a lot of the new euro's have.

Here is where I decided to install mine. I know this is not anally perfect, but I am not either.

This unit is a marine unit made by pyle, 200W (50per channel) with hook ups for cd changer and auxiliary input (I guess I-pod or something). I t also plays mp3's and MOST importantly, it has a wired remote with a 15 ft wire and water resistant remote unit.

post-785-1140961797.jpg

post-785-1140962104.jpg

The stereo os a pyle marine receiver with MP3 /cd player, 200W (50 per channel), and best of all, it hads a wired remote. the remote is 15 ft long and water proof so it will reach anywhere on the boat including the tip of the bow when I am beached. It is alos water proof (so they say).

Basically, I can put a cd in the stereo, close the lid on the marine enclosure it is mounted in, and drop the seats back down. The stereo is totally out of sight, totally protected, and what little weight it has is in the back of the boat. All functions can be done from the remote.

I only added two 6x9's to save weight, and they are in speaker boxes that can be removed if needed to clean the boat or to lighten it. I also left enough wire to be able to move the speakers up to the sundeck area behind the back seats if I am beached somewhere and want to direct where the sound goes. The speakers and the remote are the only parts of the stereo system visible or open to the elements.

post-785-1140962740.jpg

post-785-1140963014.jpg

Looks good , Even though it is a marine unit and concealed I would just consider elevating it as much as possible

Looks good , Even though it is a marine unit and concealed I would just consider elevating it as much as possible

Good point anthony. It is actually abvout 3/4 inch off the floor and there is a drain hole on each side of the floor by the stereo that came with the boat. hopefully any water will drain before coming up enough to do any damage, if not, I might have bigger problems than lack of tunes :D

Yep I understand on the drainage...also a formed aluminum shield over top of it might prevent it from going "CRUNCH" when a cooler accidently gets loaded on it :ph34r:

ENJOY...Ya ALWAYS got to have music...Just make sure its HARD Rock :D

Hey Fish, you'll enjoy that upgrade. Nice. I see ya still got your battery way out in the sponson eh. I moved mine beside the tank closer to the front and felt it handled better. Food for thought.

Hey Fish, you'll enjoy that upgrade. Nice. I see ya still got your battery way out in the sponson eh. I moved mine beside the tank closer to the front and felt it handled better. Food for thought.

thanks, I have been wondering about that. The main reason I have not done it is to try to balance out 260lbs around the driver area LOL I do get some wabble back and forth from sponson to sponson from time to time though. I have been playing around with running with a 5 gal gas can with 3-4 gallons in front of the battery too; maybe I am putting too much weight too far out and I should be focusing on bringing it in a bit closer to the middle. What do you think? I know my boat still has a ways to go to be really dialed in and I am still at the "try anything" stage.

Fish,

I find a passenger helps me balance out the ride in the rough. Either that or I take all my crap and throw it into the port sponson. When I'm empty, I take a bag of lead shot and toss it in the bottom of the sponson. Works miracles. Ya don't get that "Port side lift" when you're really cranking it up

Allso, most "coolers" only fit on the drivers side, which only accentuates the problem.

thanks triki,

I think the driver side cooler is how i got up to 260lbs in the first place :D I try moving some stuff around and see what happens.

fish