Sign in to follow this  
RC51

SeaStar Hydraulic ? On Euro

I'm getting ready to purchase a hydraulic steering system for my Euro. I need to call out the hose lengths. Does anyone know the correct hose lengths for the Euro? In additon, can someone explain to me the difference between the 1.7 and the 2.4 helm. Which one should I get and why. when I order the unit for the Euro is there anything I need to specify? I don't want to get half way throuth the install and have to stop from not having something I should have ordered from the get go. Thanks for any help.

you'll want the sea star pro. its the only thing rated for the hp and speed. its also has the kevlar hoses. ask them about the allison motor hookup. its reported to be better on the fast bass boat.

cant help you there. my current boat is a hydrostream just a stv want a be. the best way to but is the pro kit which is 16 or 18'. you can alway coil the extra under dash or motor well. do not cut

dont buy from RR, he is a dirt bag. the pro unit works

very well on the euro. the 2.4 helm is for when you use

a larger volume cylinder, like a side ram latham.

bruce vrunick, on s & f also sells the steering very cheap.

I know on my river rocket I'm ordering 16 foot hoses. I think your euro would be real close to that. I'm suprised no one has the answer for you. Surplusunlimited has the best price so far. I dont think I would recommend rickracers . They took a week to get back to me with just a price. Kurt

Ok, Thanks for the info. I'll be checking them out and getting that sucker. I would think that the rocket and euro would be the same as well. Let me know how they fit. Thanks

I know on my river rocket I'm ordering 16 foot hoses. I think your euro would be real close to that. I'm suprised no one has the answer for you. Surplusunlimited has the best price so far. I dont think I would recommend rickracers . They took a week to get back to me with just a price. Kurt

Triad rigged my Euro and they put a big loop of hose at the stern to act as a strain relief. That is what Sea Star recommend. I can check to see if the lengths are marked on the hoses when I get home.