Instigator

Just said "I'll take it". (oop's!)

Wow!! awesome colors ,Cant wait to see/hear it run.Im quessing you will be sleeping in it tonight. :) .I better put the second effort heads on the old procomp just for insurance.Dave

Wow!! awesome colors ,Cant wait to see/hear it run.Im quessing you will be sleeping in it tonight. :) .I better put the second effort heads on the old procomp just for insurance.Dave

Thanx Dave!

You know how long I've been waiting on this thing. Started out fantasizing about the "orange" boat but knew I would either break the motor, break me, or both :)

Buying another GPS next week. Hopefully I won't have to re-program it like I did the one I sold you :lol:

Its about god damm time. I was thinking of buying that too ..... a while back. Good work Gary and welcome to the brother-hood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Thanx Jeff!

Been a freagin long ass time comin!

Will be first time ever that I had a completed rig to play at the Rumble! Slow but ready :D

WOW.......

Way Cool, beautiful boat Gary, congrats, good luck, and drag that thing to Florida in the winter.

(where are you anyway.. thought you where moving here).

I may have to come to the Rumble now to play with you!

I am very happy for you, any help I can be just let me know.

ENJOY!!!

Dennis

:D Congrats on the purchase Gary !!

Love the colors ....... looks reeeeeeal nice. Enjoy !!

P.S. There's nothing wrong with sleeping with it !! :lol:

Bruce. :)

Thanx guys!

Dennis, would love to share a couple of cold ones and ask dumb ass questions and take notes for a few hrs!

Come on up to the Rumble this year, sounds like some smoke is coming again this year like the old days.

Was down in the Keys all last week and had to try real hard to make it home :)

May be back down to stay by mid Summer if all goes well.

P.S., Dennis to play with you I'd need a big ass blue bottle and to be towed by a "really" fast boat :o!

Yes! Gary has been converted to a tunnel boater, LOL Again, congrats on the new ride, I know I told you on the phone Gary, but you deserve this.

I got that blue bottle you need :o

Yes! Gary has been converted to a tunnel boater, LOL Again, congrats on the new ride, I know I told you on the phone Gary, but you deserve this.

I got that blue bottle you need :o

Thanx Tommy, you know I appreciate it!

Just spent 3 hrs re-arainging the barn to make room for for new toy and moved all the egood blocks, heads, carbs, stacks etc to put something really special together :rolleyes:

Some day maybe ;)

Nice boat, how about a little more info on the history? How does a nice boat like that sit for 10 years?

Enjoy.

Nice boat, how about a little more info on the history? How does a nice boat like that sit for 10 years?

Enjoy.

Thanx again guys, been a dream of mine for a long, long time.

Came from a friend of mine that used to be an STV (and Allison and Laser) dealer. He custom ordered it as a demo and to help show you could make one run w/a JohnRude as thats what he is a dealer for.

He had it at Rumble on the River #1 in '01 and I think I've seen it run every time since then (and drivin it) and I doubt he's put 4 or 5hrs on it in that time. (has not been an STV dealer since about yr of this boat)

Wayne, he says no on S/E motor. Interestingly I have another local dealer that says he knew of that motor and that it was.

I asked my buddy and he says no.

Has old style air box still installed and no gasket/paint seals have been broken.

A bunch of us are still wondering though based how well it has run against some "known" ground on rigs??

(although no GPS #'s yet)

Stuck a bore scope in it yesterday and saw nothing that looked out of line other than I think plugged exhaust bleeds.

Ran compression on one hole and showed only 110 so ????

Seller told me he was going to seal the cowling with stickers reading "do not remove" and then take a picture of me standing beside it ;)

Hope to be able to lean on some of you STV Wizards to help me figure out what the hell I'm doing once I get time to start playing with it.

Larry, took 6 yrs brother! Several people I know tried getting it from him but most either wanted to steal it or buy w/o power to hang a black one.

Basically haven't had time but to walk by it since I towed it home.

Gary

As Larry posted the pic of it .............. the color scheme is very unique and rare !!!!! With that motor on it you couldn't get a better match.

Gary , there are plenty of people to help but your set-up as of now is pretty close from what I remember ( unless you got bigger .... hahaha ) you should be fine. There is allways something to fiddle with though :rolleyes: Just work on the set-back and P.Shaft height. I can't remember if it is a "Full Floor" boat or not ?

Once again man ......... Glad to see ya got it. As you said a long time ago "That will be mine one day , if he ever wants to sell it"

Yammer

WOW.......

Way Cool, beautiful boat Gary, congrats, good luck, and drag that thing to Florida in the winter.

(where are you anyway.. thought you where moving here).

I may have to come to the Rumble now to play with you!

I am very happy for you, any help I can be just let me know.

ENJOY!!!

Dennis

Dennis ........ Yes you should come up to the Rumble man !!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Jeff, did you know or realize that Dennis has been up for it??

The year we had the Make a Wish kids he won the GPS runs at I believe 128.

Mine has a floor across the pod and I think thats it.

Motor is currently 1/2" above and Jimmy says go one more " for WFO.

Motor is directly on board which is good for these boats I think?

P.S., picked up a 22" and 24" Yammi drag while in Fla last week to use in the "Ski Boat" class at the Rumble :)

Cool Boat Gary!!!

Maybe when were back in Ohio this year we could get together and run some STV there..

Mike

Awsome Gary!

Can hardly wait for the rumble, we should have a big crew this year........ barring any motor kabooms with it being late in the year........ ya never know.

Dennis, would be great to see you again. And we need some more hard hitting hardware, I know a few guys that are coming and are set on kill. Should be some great racing!.

RT

Gary, yes I do, We'll be coming to Ohio in June. I hope gas prices are not through the roof so we can bring it with us.

Gary, yes I do, We'll be coming to Ohio in June. I hope gas prices are not through the roof so we can bring it with us.

Mike, very cool!

Let me know when you get your schedule together so we can go play.

I am going to the By-U-Boys Northern Chapter run June 16- 18 so hopefully it's not then.

some times you get the bear and some times ............

the bear gets you.

Approx. 95 MPH two people in boat, foot on floor.

Notice missing prop blade and also what it did to skeg.

Also, interestingly hardly any (if any) damage to leading edge.

Had to be something right at surface.

post-925-1145531938.jpg