gearcase

propeller

runnin a 2000 stv euro 2.5 Efi. have a 14.5x26 round ear chopper and a 14.5x30 merc lab cleaver. i have not run the cleaver yet. will try next time out. I know it will not be as quik. but i know the chopper is a bow lifting prop and the boat has got loose with this prop. anyone have a prop they like best for the euro? Thanks !

i run a mazco re3 28" and really like it. it carries the weight real

nice and doesnt seem to have any goofy traits. lots of the guys

also really like the merc 28" et. i never really liked the cleavers

as much, but thats just me.

matt

i run a mazco re3 28" and really like it. it carries the weight real

nice and doesnt seem to have any goofy traits. lots of the guys

also really like the merc 28" et. i never really liked the cleavers

as much, but thats just me.

matt

thanks matt.

I liked the 30 lab cleaver on mine, especially when running 60 and up. Hull runs flat until it airs out and you get some lift.

Let us know how well it runs...

I liked the 30 lab cleaver on mine, especially when running 60 and up. Hull runs flat until it airs out and you get some lift.

Let us know how well it runs...

I will Thanks

Yep ...I am another in favour of ET's and Cleavers by Mercury.

The cleaver will really work nice with a little wind and chop too.

Also let us know what gearcase you are using, what hieght is the prop shaft C\L, how much trim...etc.

Yep ...I am another in favour of ET's and Cleavers by Mercury.

The cleaver will really work nice with a little wind and chop too.

Also let us know what gearcase you are using, what hieght is the prop shaft C\L, how much trim...etc.

thanks anthonySS gearcase is a sportmaster, motor is on the transom. no jackplate, i need to measure hieght. and i have been runing motor pretty nutral and have been bump in it up. no trim gauge. wont be running it for a couple of weeks though.

Ran 28 chopper, 28 cleaver, 28 mazco re 3, 30 mazco re 3, 28 yamaha drag copy, and 30et. I weigh 255lbs so it may have something to do with my choice, but I never really found the groove with the cleaver. I never seemed to get enough bow lift, however, many of the guys I know who have run big numbers use them. I Just could not seem to get it right.

My favorite was the Mazco re3's until recently when I got my first et. Man, I love the ET; on my boat, it is faster and has less steering torque than the mazco. I actually took my chopper to throttle up propellers and had them turn it into a copy of the ET for a spare.

I run a 27 SRX worked by DAH on my 2002 Euro with a Merc Drag. Have run 115 mph with two people.

Good all around prop. No handling issues. Would like a chance to try a 28 ET this summer.