ProComp

Almost time to start prop shopping

Any recommendations for a RiverRocket with a 2.4 200 on it? Good everyday runner, something capable of pulling say 7000 rpm. Not a top end prop or a drag prop. One to leave on it for most of the summer.

The 2.4 is on a 15" offshore mid, CLE, velocity stacks, tightheads, reeds and a lightweight flywheel. 4" jackplate. Swivel does not have the additional 2" in it as its a modified 20" swivel.

Personally I'm thinking maybe a 28 Performance Propeller drag copy might be the ticket but I'm guessing. Never had a Rocket. Maybe a 29 Mazco worked for less bow lift? 29 SRX? (worked good on my ProComp 2.4 200). Not interested in a Clever as there too poor out of the hole.

Thanks

I was running a 28" RE-4 last summer for everyday. It pulls hard out of the hole and eliminates the side to side tremor you get with a RE-3 when crossing wakes and running in slop. It had a small nick in it so I took it to Bblades and had it balanced and blueprinted but not thinned because I didn't want to loose durability. I am eager to try it out now as it ran very good before and now I'm expecting "great".

I agree on the ET. Run a 32ET on my Q-Shot. Really good acceleration, and doesn't stop there. Strong all the way though RPM band. Costly but super props. Chuck