ProComp

RiverRocket Restoration

Figured I'd start a new topic instead of cluttering the readers rides.

Here's the boat as I got it.

Here's a picture I sent to Gwen at Aboveboard Covers who works out of Hydrostream Boats in Ontario Canada (highly recommend)

Here is my new interior. Hydrostream Boats made the buckets and I bought a used backseat. Thanks again Jamie. Also a big thanks to RPMracing for doing some running around for me.

And what I did with the old seats - kids video game chair

post-70-1166983977.jpg

post-70-1166984068.jpg

post-70-1166984209.jpg

post-70-1166984272.jpg

Here's the old dash and the new dash. Was hoping to put the key in the right corner but with my steering wheel test fit I realise its not going to work. Guess I'll put it back down by the shifter where it was an order another guage. Maybe a Fuel Pressure or something.

new dash

post-70-1169175962.jpg

post-70-1169176133.jpg

Very Nice BRAD...keep up the good work :)

Thanks. I have to figure out what to do with the key switch. I see other Rocket have them mounted in the same corner but I have next to no clearance with the steering wheel. I might look at ordered a steering wheel extension which won't be too bad for a short shit like me anyway. Either that or put the key switch back by the shifter where it was and put a fuel pressure guage or something in?

I love the steering extensions. I used one in the PCS (6") ..really assisted with ergonomics putting the wheel into my chest...I liked it alot.

Also consider key switch on shifter bored

Ordered a 4" extension from RexMarine as well as a 2-5/8 black bezel for the fuel guage sitting off by itself on left. Going to put a bileage pump in too so I ordered a nice billet hull fitting as well. The key switch was on the shifter board but I like it on the dash. Couple more pics. Got my cowl from JLR and my cut down swivel back from GPI. Stock merc offshore tower.

Intalled dual outboard hose kit. Would sure be nice if these came with a back up ring for support and to use as a drilling template.

post-70-1169825653.jpg

post-70-1169825670.jpg

Looking good...I like the idea on the bildge pump(s)...how many you putting in??

Not sure how guys do it now , but we used to just buy 3 small ones and put one in each hull. We would just use structural silicone and glue the grates in place (let cure) then snap the housings on???

On my Euro I made a stainless bracket to mount a pump just in the middle where you have no real access with the fuel tank covering that access hole in the floor. I might try your expoxy idea though as it would be easier.

I usually don't get much water in the outside two and they are accessable with a sponge if needed. So just one for now. This boat needs one for sure with that crazy open transom area from the 15" transom mod. Not sure what I am doing with that yet but boat wakes are going to let in water when tied to the dock, thats for sure. Maybe a velcro or snap on cover. Might get an estimate on having it glassed over too which would be my preference. Just don't think I can do it.

I don't think this boat has spent much time tied up to a dock with having the duck bill style drains still in it, the open transom area and a rub rail that is in real nice shape.

Sounds good...I would agree that the centre bildge alone would be an asset.

Only concern I noticed, is if you do use the boat on a poker run day in the rain..., if you have enough water in the centre, it will flow into the sides when hole shotting. Ask RT about the tidal wave he had in his boat oner year :)

Wasn't the stuff as a result of the already 400 gallons of rain water in the boat...I had the same problem that day as in the rolling seas and the rain water made it hard not-to stuff.

I can still remember the site of us all pulling out and allowing the water to drain on the trailer...it must have took about a 1/2 hour :)

Well my boats don't see more than a foot chop at the lake so its should be ok. Keep in mind it works both ways. If the outside sponsons do fill up, they will drain back into the center once the pump catches up leaving a marginal amount on the outsides.

If I stuff it, well I'll likely have bigger concerns then one bileage pump versus 3.

This brings up another point, ya think 2 huge bouys/bumpers strapped to the bulkhead across the front would make it float in the event of an upset? Was also thinking one of the floating round balls with some rope attached might be a pretty good idea to have somewhere as it would pop up as a marker. (not that I plan on sinking this thing but ya never know). I've never put anything in my other 2 STVs. Must be getting old..............

Brad, get a huge truck tire tube and put in front of the bulkhead and then add the air. I would think this would almost float a rocket as long as the entire deck lid does not peel off.....in which case I would most likely prefer it to sink.

Few more pics. Bileage pump in with billet fitting installed out the port side.

Motors on. Made trim pump and solenoid bracket and through bolted into pump on port side stringer.

Got the seats bolted in. Drilled and tapped 5, 3/8 bolt holes. There is aluminum plate glassed into the seat base.

post-70-1173814636.jpg

Fish, its an Attwood 500 gpm, just short enough to fit off the bottom and below the fuel tank. Got the hull fitting from RexMarine, 3/4" hose. I put one in my Euro too.