ProComp

RiverRocket Restoration

Brad - that looks really great. When you're 100% done you should post some before and after pics side by side. It's been a real transformation.

Very Nice Brad...keep us posted :)

It looks like the funhouse with all those toys in the background.....hemi.....Mustang GT... :P

Not really John I just had company! :P

Well the boat does run but a dis-appointing 84mph turning a 29 SRX 5900 rpm. Will bump the motor up next time out in search of at least 6500rpm and hopes of breaking 90 at least.

Don't think this powerhead is going to be around too long. ;)

Have concluded that powerhead that came with boat is likely a crank rated 200 so what, maybe 175HP? Anyway, its being replaced.

post-70-1182443096.jpg

Going to try this 1986 Bridgeport ModVP Carb. Interesting powerhead. Has some kind of brass bleed line junction box and a funky intake. Anyone ever run one of these?

post-70-1182443373.jpg

cool motor brad...that's a find :)

what is the motor that you pulled off? how heavy is the boat?

I don't really have any idea yet on the boat wait. Deck seems fairly flimsy? Definately lighter then my ProComp and Euro. I believe the powerhead I pulled is an early crank rated 200. I was hoping it was a prop rated 200 so I could at least break 90 but no go. Decided to try this bridgeport. Wish I had the funds for a REAL motor. With a little luck maybe this Bridgeport will go.

sound's good, i was just asking cause i ran 106.5 gps with a prostock motor which is a stock 2.5 200 rotating assy and block with 32cc heads and high perf. ecu and stock xri fuel inj. i had a 26 cleaver on at that time, it turned 8300. that was at 1400lbs as it sat in the water with me in it.

btw, great job on the resto. it really looks good.

sound's good, i was just asking cause i ran 106.5 gps with a prostock motor which is a stock 2.5 200 rotating assy and block with 32cc heads and high perf. ecu and stock xri fuel inj. i had a 26 cleaver on at that time, it turned 8300. that was at 1400lbs as it sat in the water with me in it.

btw, great job on the resto. it really looks good.

No kidding, ya want to sell it? ;)

update - well I tried a Laser efi conversion on this 2.4 motor but was un-successful due to an ECU issue with a 6500 rev limiter (was not suppose to have one) so I went back to carbs again. Summer up here is only so long and I'm tired of wrenching on this thing.

Still not seeing the perforance I think I should but I did finally got to run the boat by myself and got 98.8 on the weekend with a 28 Mazco cut chopper I picked up. I still have a 26 Performance Propeller Yammy copy to try and a 29 SRX but it won't be for a couple weeks.

post-70-1186504667.jpg

Brad ...that is sounding better... THX for the update :)

Thanks to RBT for putting me on to Tony Brucato for a digital Digitron EGT guage. Tony has finally put systems together to come complete with the Mercury rifle bolt and quick reacting thin Omega probe. Easy installation. This is the cheapest one (go figure! :lol: ) It has a single readout for one of two EGTs or Tach. Apparently you can tie it in with your Marine Tach and get a recall from this unit as well however I haven't done it yet.

post-70-1186536983.jpg

Good Job Brad, good to see you spending time in it. i hope you get to enjoy it.

Figured I'd start a new topic instead of cluttering the readers rides.

Here's the boat as I got it.

Here's a picture I sent to Gwen at Aboveboard Covers who works out of Hydrostream Boats in Ontario Canada (highly recommend)

Here is my new interior. Hydrostream Boats made the buckets and I bought a used backseat. Thanks again Jamie. Also a big thanks to RPMracing for doing some running around for me.

And what I did with the old seats - kids video game chair

hey procomp, in the first pic u posted in this thread, what is the red v bottom boat behind your river rocket.

hey procomp, in the first pic u posted in this thread, what is the red v bottom boat behind your river rocket.

That is a Hydrostream Venom, one of the new boats that the thief I think his name was Jim Cotzen in the US was selling that he still owed money on.

Andy Driver races one in ODBA lake racer and is untouchable with it right now.

hey brad, just sell it and buy a pool and a firebird like at100 did.

just kidding, looks good, and sounds like youre getting somewhere.

take care,

matt