fish

Euro counter weight?

I usually carry a 5 gallon jug of fuel 3/4 full in the sponson just in front of my battery in the port side to counteract my weight. The boat seems to run better with the weight back there. I recently lost 25lbs, and now only need less than half of the jug full (maybe none at all). I weighed 265 and dropped to 240lbs. I also have a single battery mounted in the standard location (in the port sponson).

Anyone else carry counter weight? I don't really mind carrying a little gas just in case, but it got me thinking about the counter weight thing and figured i would ask what you guys are doing if anything.

fish

Hey Fish,

The best way to carry weight in the boat is with lead shot for shotgun shell reloading. You can buy these 25lb bags of shot at any sport store. Buy the bags and put them in a plastic bag to keep them from getting wet inside then wrap them up good with duct tape and your set. This is what most racers like to do. You can put these bags anywhere very easily and also take them out just as easy. I had a euro, now I have a river rocket and each and every boat is different on weight set up.Some boats might like a ltitle weight and some dont need any. You can start with two bags and play with them to see what your best set up would be.. While your at it, also play with your engine height if you have an adjustable jackplate. This can make a BIG difference in the way your boat handles, even with very small changes in adjustment. When you make every adjusment, take detailed notes to what height the motor is,type of prop, water conditions etc. Testing like this will be very helpful to getting the most out of your boat. Remember what works for one boat doesnt always work for the next boat. Kurt

Yep adding weight is often a good thing especially if you have a light hull or are experiancing some flighty ness. Good Comments John.... and yes every boat is different and yes it will be trial and error. I carried about 15 pounds in the nose slight-to-port on a PCS.

Make sure it is secure...cause it can work loose in roundy or ruff conditions and can adversly effect the handling... real quik