John4utvols

Are you still able to buy new stvs

I would say the answer to your question is more or less NO, you can not get a new one.

If you could get one built it would take all of $22k+ US funds to get the wheels turning.

BUY A Q-SHOT

post-479-1169575811.jpg

Hmmmm, almost time to ban RPMracing from STVOWNERS I think. :rolleyes:

Just think Phil, only about 6 months until the Q-Shot is for sale. :lol:

Yes, Triad is still building them as far as I know. You should just get in touch with Wally and see what he can do for you. They are not building as many boats as they use to, So the wait time has gotten pretty long, and the price has went up. I was 25K out the door for my 2005 Euro ready to bolt my motor on.

Lance

Actually Lance they are not building them anymore, call Wally (good luck) and you will find out...it is done :(

and Procomp....I don't think there will be any boat for sale over here....other then maybe some STV's that have been beaten on by a little old stock Q-shot.

RPM, how do you know this ? Did Wally straight tell you this ? whats the story. Are you sure this is not confusion over them not answering the phone, being closed from before Thanksgiving till about the 3rd week of January each year for the holidays, and vacation ? When I was last there talking with Wally he mentioned building less boats, and showed a preference for building race boats for racers. So when an average Jo calls and wants a pleasure boat, ya would be lucky to get one, and ya might even think that they closed, due to lack of a return call over holidays.

Lance

RPM, ya might be right, I just tried calling, and only got a bussy signal. tried calling a few times. Maybe its an extended vacation ? I notice that there web site is also down. Last year they left the phones and message machine on. I don think that not answering the phone is a quilifier for being out of busieness for Triad. This is common practice for them. Never got a bussy signal before, and the web site has allways been up. Not a good sign.

Lance

Well it would be nice to know what really is going on. I know that Triad shut down last year from Thanksgiving till new years, and I assume they did the same this year. But I have heard a lot of rumors..... it would be nice to hear what is going on from TRIAD.

RT

it is very difficult to get ahold of Triad-the web site is down? I would say that if anything comes out of Triad it will be for friends and clients that can wait months for a boat- they likely will build only a few at best and you better not try and talk price!! there product is top notch-just the business end of it seems to be at a crossroads.

Paul

Acording to a post over on S@F, Triad is NOT shut down. He is only selling the V21 molds and is cutting back on production. He his also building a 26' cat for someone...

Acording to a post over on S@F, Triad is NOT shut down. He is only selling the V21 molds and is cutting back on production. He his also building a 26' cat for someone...

Holeshot. 90% of that thread is from last year when the rumor originally went around. I just brought the thread back to life yeaterday.

Lance

I don't think there will be any boat for sale over here....other then maybe some STV's that have been beaten on by a little old stock Q-shot.

Q-shots are awesome boats and Jack Barsh is a great guy who builds a great boat, but maybe you should have come to the high speed shootout... plenty of them there but there were only 4 boats running over 135mph including dixon in the 140's and later over 150- all were stvs. Q-shots have still have a ways to go before they will beat an stv if you are talking big numbers, but if you are talking drags they can hold their own.

any q-shots running over 130??? bueler, bueler, anyone????

Holeshot. 90% of that thread is from last year when the rumor originally went around. I just brought the thread back to life yeaterday.

Lance

Sorry, I did not see the date on that...