ProComp

Summerford Boat Construction

Had a few people PM me lately asking where the Summerford boats have wood in them. Not being 100%, I figured I'd see if anyone knows.

Also, does anyone know if there is a piece of aluminum glassed into the front seat box? Was talking with a builder who had done some work on a couple Summerford Euro's and he said there was aluminum glassed in. Going to drill a test hole in my rocket to see if I can tell if theres one in there too.

Had a few people PM me lately asking where the Summerford boats have wood in them. Not being 100%, I figured I'd see if anyone knows.

Also, does anyone know if there is a piece of aluminum glassed into the front seat box? Was talking with a builder who had done some work on a couple Summerford Euro's and he said there was aluminum glassed in. Going to drill a test hole in my rocket to see if I can tell if theres one in there too.

I just got done installing rigging hoses in my 96" euro. The only place I beleive there is wood from what I have seen is along the top of the back deck where the back seat is hinged to deck. It is almost 1 3/8" inch thick, and I beleive it is there to add support for the ski pole which has a hole there that the ski pole slides down through.

Yes I can also confirm that my PCS had aluminum plating under the surface of the seat base. Not sure if it was continuous or jsut under the seat area so the seat screws could bite.

my first summerford was a stringer boat and it was all wood-I can see them putting in a plate where you cannot reach under to put a nut on. surprising though, I have never heard this before-Triad definately does not do this-

Paul

It was Spaith who told me yesterday that on the Euro's he worked on, they had them. My Rocket has a raised area in the floor that looks look something might be under there. I'll have a look maybe tonight

I told you many times Brad-cut all that chit out and make a center steer!!! I still have that pump bracket-you still need it??

Paul

ya brad cut that crap out and make it a center steer, I sold mine because it pissed me off. I screwed up when I ordered it and made it a 4 seater. I am too big to sit beside someone in it.

LOL. :lol:

a. I'm a little shit so I fit fine

b. I have friends that will actually ride with me un-like you yahoos in Ontario

c. If its not a 4 seater the wife won't give me gas money :lol:

Paul, bracket would be great.

hey everyone, bringing an old thread back to the top cause i was hoping someone would have an answer for me.....

on a 1993 STV pro comp, what type of resin was this boat built with? i was thinking it'd probably be poly resin, but i wanted to make sure before i go trying to glass anything.. i have a few things needing to be done to the boat, 1st one is what im trying to get done right away and i want it to be completely solid!

im either fixing or just totally replacing the transom(even though the transom was supposedly replaced before i bought it).. it looks like it wasnt tied in to the structure of the boat very well and a small crack at the top of the transom has gotten bigger in the couple years i did use the boat(havent run it in like 2 or 3yrs now, its been in storage)..

1 thing i saw that didnt look right to me was they used some pieces of angle aluminum to tie an aluminum plate on the inside of the transom to the knee braces(welded to inside plate and then used 2 bolts per knee brace)!! the other thing i didnt like is it seemed like they didnt tie in the transom all the way around the actual wood of the transom-- i want to make sure it is completely tied in to the hull and knee braces all the way around!

i had a modded 260 on it 1 summer, a 310hp 2.5 another summer, along with trying misc motors in between...

any pics anyone can post would be great, as id love to see how your transom looks from inside.. and also, id really like to make sure of the resin type used when this boat was built-- at this point im basically thinking of grinding EVERYTHING they did and starting with all new materials!!

thank you very much-- stvprocomp

I have a piece of aluminum under the seat box on a 96 euro . And there is quite a bit of wood in my hull. They claim the new euros that Full throttle builds are atleast 300 pounds lighter because he dont use wood.