canadianstv

sprint bottom

That looks like my Pro Comp. If you would put some pics of a side shot. I would like to see what that windshield looks like from the side. I have all the buttons going around the top for my interior top, I wonder if thats what your windshield is hooked on. Thanks John

The cdn made stv's have a sprint deck lid and a modified sprint bottom-they are nothing like the original summefords-they are heavy due to the material used-Procomps have the inverted STV bottom-the cdn made boats have the older sprint bottom-I believe the bottoms were changed from the original design- I would classify the boat as a good introduction to hot boating-speeds would be in the low 90's at best- The current market price on true STV Procomps has made me wonder why anyone would even consider one of these hulls- not trying to offend anyone here, these are just the facts. Anyone with any experience would probably tell you the same thing.

thx. Paul

Well they are actual summerford moulds licenced to be built by charger.I know that they are not aswell built as the procomp and yes they are heavier but they turn just as many heads and best of all the ladies don't know the difference.I know this boat ran mid 90's with a BP on it and I would think it would see 100-103 with a 260 imo.My boat seems to be fairly tight doesn't twist or flex at all.It handles well ,very stable doesn't leak and it is real fun to drive and I have less money invested in my whole package than most have invested in their motors.

I have had mine for two years and love it. The guy I bought it from had Walley do some extensive work. I am running a stock 200 w/ 28 chopper and seeing 87 mph. I have no hop at any speeds and the boat handles very well, turns on a dime.

I am running a stock 200 w/ 28 chopper and seeing 87 mph. I have no hop at any speeds and the boat handles very well, turns on a dime. Quote

I too have an STV with the sprint bottom 1986 model. I have a stock 2.4 200 with a 28 chopper too.. it runs 85 in this 100 degree heat...... Im ready to see what it can do in more dense dry cool air, this winter.

I plan to put a JSRE flywheel, intake spacer, and some velocity stacks on it in the next few weeks..

although........ it does not turn very well...... it trys to dig in in heavy turns... my friends Quatershot... wow it turns with rollercoaster G-forces... mine will never be able to turn like that

post-3794-1186784168.jpg

Sounding good Joe...keep us updated THANKS

does anyone no were you can get them small windows for the stv? procomp i have the short deck unlike the 91 procomp i wannna kinda fill it out a lil bit i seen the windsheild on that yellow procomp!

I have a stv prcocomp 87 with a sprint bottom i like it better its funner to drive yall may like to ride like a caddilac but if im running 100 i wanna kinda feel like it when i had the ski bottom you ran 100 its felt like 50 lol any way i love the sprint bottom

slowverado,

they are a Roark design, they are the predecessor to the Ski bottom ( the first if the inverted vee boats ), which morfed into the roundy round bottom ( mod-vp ).

The inverted vee boat is not near as fast.

RT

The Sprint bottom is cool but you also need to be careful into turns, as it will hook, and spit you out.

As far as I know the "eye brow" wind screen is soley a Charger (Canada) add. It was not part of the orginal Summerford options.