stealth assassin

R/C STV mod vp

I have been working on this 24" hull the last week. I had great plans with a design engineer to measure my STV ski bottom and give me drawings In 2d and 3d but, he took my money and ran basically. he did not even leave me with measurements or not even the first scratch drawing. I paid him a good bit of money too. So, I got a wild hair, got alot of bottom pics from anthonyss, took some of my own and dove In. I had to make some changes for R/C electric power. There will be a slip cover made for the rudder that will look like a 260 cowl with a offshore mid. ;) I am about ready to Install the hardware and start testing. After I get It where I want It I will make a glass mold to lay up gel coat hulls.

Feel free to pm me some constructive critcism.

Thanks,

Derrick

collett00@comcast.net

DSCF00361-1.png

I have been working on this 24" hull the last week. I had great plans with a design engineer to measure my STV ski bottom and give me drawings In 2d and 3d but, he took my money and ran basically. he did not even leave me with measurements or not even the first scratch drawing. I paid him a good bit of money too. So, I got a wild hair, got alot of bottom pics from anthonyss, took some of my own and dove In. I had to make some changes for R/C electric power. There will be a slip cover made for the rudder that will look like a 260 cowl with a offshore mid. ;) I am about ready to Install the hardware and start testing. After I get It where I want It I will make a glass mold to lay up gel coat hulls.

Thanks,

Derrick

collett00@comcast.net

DSCF00361-1.png

No comments????

Derrick, the sites been pretty quiet lately. Thanks for posted it over here. Looks great.

Would it be tough to make different deck molds? I can't imagine any STV owner not wanting a model replica of his boat whether it runs or not. Anyway, I know I would.

No problem. I plan on making a few differant sizes also. The first here Is being set up for Inboard electric power but a outboard eletric or nitro Inboard/outboard can be Installed on this setback transum.

Here Is a pic of the front. Keep In mind this Is just the prototype that still has some sanding and epoxy coating to be done.

DSCF00391-1.png

DERRICK,

That is very authentic...very nicely done...Thanks for sharing it with us and looking forward to seeing it run :)

Thanks,

Derrick

collett00@comcast.net

DSCF00361-1.png

Wow i always wanted to try and build one......

looks amazeing... i want one....are you going brushless lipo??

That's sweet! I see you used the Ski bottom. :) If you did a Pro Comp deck, I'd want to buy one just to have!

I'm sure I will make another deck mold after the first Is done. I got the hardware Installed yesterday and I need to coat the top again with epoxy then I'm going to drop her In the water.

DERRICK,

That is very authentic...very nicely done...Thanks for sharing it with us and looking forward to seeing it run :)

Thanks that's cool coming from you! But I did have to make some changes here and there for r/c power with this small of a boat.

COOL Project!!! Where in the hell do you find the time??

I was off for a fews days during the week and some time after work...

The cells killed me and where old. With the low power of the cells she was running a little wet but, I know that the hull design works preety good scaled down for the first run .

I can really step up some more power on this hull...

Also pm or e-mail me If you think of some changes In the design.

collett00@comcast.net

DSCF00172.png

Man Derrick...that was very cool for a maiden voyage...it smokes :)...now.. was it actually porpoiseing at times?

Man Derrick...that was very cool for a maiden voyage...it smokes :)...now.. was it actually porpoiseing at times?

No porpoiseing beleave It or not. She was just making some sounds after taking the wake. After the first lap those batteries went way down. I have some more cells I am working on that will really air the hull out. Also that Is just a old skool brushed 700 motor. There's way better brushless power out there for electric. Nitro would run good to but, I am not a big fan off all the breaking In and tunning! :blink:

No porpoise...then I would say it's pretty dialed-in...NICE work again...keep us updated :)

She did hop a bit In the turns but, after a glass hull Is made changes can be made like motor and cell placement. You could mount a really hot motor mmore up to the front for fast straight line running top sppeds. Most of the time one can move the cells forward a bit then the porpoise will stop

I built another hull with alot better lines and made chages to the pad to help air her out more. This one Is looking alot cooler.

PICS???

Yes, right after a couple more steps. For some reason the bottom of this boat Is easier to scale than the top!

I wish I still had my full scale STV, so I could take measurements and scale It down. Everything Is being done by eye...

I have my RiverRocket at home right now. If there is any dimensions that would help let me know.

The Inner sponson shape Is a tough one to eyeball but, I got alot closer on this next boat. It's really one of the main shapes that makes the boat. IMHO...