davey w

euroski

got my new boat home yesterday,95 euro,droped it in the water,man it flys,but the steering seems to pull hard to the right,any info would be appreciated,thanks dave

Sounds like steering torque from a surface piercing prop?

Here's pictures of Dave's new ride. And with Virgina registration it came from only about a 3 hour drive from my home.

post-1-1183586620.jpg

man...that looks showroom...very nice and lets see some pics of the tow vehicle too

Thanks guys,its been a long road to find the rite boat,i new if i held out i would find one,and yes it did come from Virgina

got my new boat home yesterday,95 euro,droped it in the water,man it flys,but the steering seems to pull hard to the right,any info would be appreciated,thanks dave
guess its normal

The steering pull has a lot to do with the prop you run. Merc ET's and cleaver produce the smallest amount of pull. Are you going to STVMATT aka Dutch's blast later this month located in Pennsylvania? I may be able to bring some of my props so you may try them? Check out the lnk below for more info.

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=134701

Good point about holding-out for the rite boat :)

The steering pull has a lot to do with the prop you run. Merc ET's and cleaver produce the smallest amount of pull. Are you going to STVMATT aka Dutch's blast later this month located in Pennsylvania? I may be able to bring some of my props so you may try them? Check out the lnk below for more info.

If i got the time i will be there, are ther invites

I think the prop is a DAH-OMC -SRX 14-1-4-X27-ROUND EAR,Thanks Dave
allso said it was reworked,im just gona get a cleaver,14-1\2-32

Ya sure you want a 32 cleaver? You are going to loose a ton of acceleration, ie fun factor! ;)

Its hard for us to know if what your experiencing for torque is the normal load or excessive. The only thing to try would

be adjusting the height. Maybe go 1/8th - 1/4" lower and see if that helps.

thanks procomp,not sure what i want,this one seems to work good,except for the torque in the wheel,cant wait to the weekend to try a few things,Davs

thanks procomp,not sure what i want,this one seems to work good,except for the torque in the wheel,cant wait to the weekend to try a few things,Davs

The original owner has had the boat since new and it is set up perfectly. The torque you feel is typical outboard torque.

The original owner has had the boat since new and it is set up perfectly. The torque you feel is typical outboard torque.

Do you know the guy,

I use a DAH 14 1/4 x 27 on Euro/2.5 Drag for general lake use. Has some torque steer were it sems to run best for me with zero trim.

My rig tops out With the DAH 27 around 115 Mph with two aboard. I think the RPM is about 9300.

Try changing the trim setting, just a little, to place the prop deeper and then up to surface the prop more. I am told that most Euros run best at zero trim for top end performance. If the torque steer goes away at neg. trim, then you probably with need to set the prop deeper at zero/netrual trim.

I use a DAH 14 1/4 x 27 on Euro/2.5 Drag for general lake use. Has some torque steer were it sems to run best for me with zero trim.

My rig tops out With the DAH 27 around 115 Mph with two aboard. I think the RPM is about 9300.

Try changing the trim setting, just a little, to place the prop deeper and then up to surface the prop more. I am told that most Euros run best at zero trim for top end performance. If the torque steer goes away at neg. trim, then you probably with need to set the prop deeper at zero/netrual trim.

Thanks for the info,tried a few different things this weekend. I just got home, well over 100mph. Im starting to get the hang of it now, I think its just a matter of seat time. Had a guy with a check mate 454 blown get up next to me and try to race. Had to really hold it, got a little scary and got it trimed up to were i wanted it. He didnt know what happened, it was great! Thanks again, Dave.

davey, something to think about. its in two weeks, you are more than welcome.

i dont know how far that would be for you, guess it depends where you are at in ny.

take care,

matt

-glad youre getting the hang of the boat. if you go to hydraulic steering all the pulling goes away.

thanks Mat ,im looking at a map now, im outside of albany ny.