Sign in to follow this  
Techno

Rigging help/ choices

I'm planning on not using the manual jack plate on my PCS. I don't think its needed but without it the boat should fit in the garage. :lol: Its also something I don't have to polish if I don't use it. Use it or lose it?

Is there anyway to micro adjust the prop height without one? About where should it be when mounted if using only the standard holes? The transom holes might not be in the 'normal' location. But what am I shooting for as ideal?

Since my LU is welded how fast can I sanely drive this until I replace it? The engine has to be broken in still so that will help to go slow, I know it will be slow- just how slow? I can always steal my brothers unbroken LU when he don't know, maybe.

If I can afford it what ratio LU and type would be best? What would be usable if I can't afford it? <_<

And finally kinda what prop.

The boat should weigh in about 1,250lbs. With me thats +200.

Oh I guess this is the most important. I don't much care about hole shot -mostly want something faster than I want to go kind if thing.

I won't have much $ if any left to play with props, gear ratios or anything besides tanks of gas. Any money left will be going for gas. No more optional change outs. I'm not really trying to go 121 when I'm going 119 kind of thing, although if I could...

Its a modified-demodified 260 I had 340 at the crank with high comp heads which are now normal. so Roughly back to a 260.

Yes, the 3rd hole should put the propshaft 1 inch above the pad.

Since my LU is welded how fast can I sanely drive this until I replace it?

If you've really got a welded skeg (or anything else), find a solid gearcase before you stand on it hard. Also, check it (it being a solid case) EVERY time out for signs of of cracks. Your family will thank you.

I have a welded case and if it's done right the weld is stronger then the cast case. We have done testing here at work because we weld cast aluminum every day.

and I'm not easy on running it.

Thanks for the info guys.

As far as the welded skeg. I know who did it but I wasn't there and I don't know the guy or how well he did it. I bought it this way, it wasn't welded for me.

In other words its on the questionable side of whether or not you can run a welded skeg.

Now I figure I can/could run it up to higher numbers as the engine breaks in BUT this is one of those human nature things like I can have just one cigarette. I doubt I would do this responsibly so I won'ts do it. :huh:

At least thats what I say now. :lol: