ProComp

RiverRocket race fairing hold down

Anyone have a good system for mounting both the race fairing and back seat so there easily interchangeable?

Even a nice method of mounting the race fairing?

BRAD,

Can you take a picture of what you currently have in place for your Back seat insert. THANKS

Anthony, I just robbed the hinges off the back seat and stuck them on my race cowl for now to run this Sunday.

Seems to be a decent system as I can lift up the race hatch and rest it against the front buckets and it will stay standing while I add fuel.

Might just get the same ones over the winter and put them on the back seat. Only issue is with the back seat in you will have 1/2 the hinges from the race cowl on the floor. Based on usuage I don't believe the back seat will be in much anyway.

post-70-1189709091.jpg

Excellent...you are on the right track, That is what I was going to suggest this way you only have to supply another set of hinge halves to your now rear seat insert. Do you have bungees to hold down the back...if not you can order them from

http://www.spaenaur.com/products.asp?PageID=L

Also I have access to a neat Hinge here that I used on my PCS...it has a very long pin and is a cool aluminum hinge too

KEITH...are you still using them...? maybe you can paost a pic?

Yep, still got'm. The only thing bad about them is that they are like a roller skate/skateboard axle...steel shaft with "flutes" pressed into an alum housing. Eventually, the flutes don't bite the alum anymore and get loose.

I have 2 sets, so I mix and match to make it all work. Lining them up can be a bear too, wielding that large seat cowl. Work great once in though.