gearcase

winter mods

:ph34r: winter is here . anyone got any new parts to bolt on. id like to use my seastar helm with a wing plate and ram that i have. any sugestions. i have a reynolds racing yoke on the seastar set up now. it drives great. but i know the ram set up is strongest. the ram i have now was with a capolono helm. i run only av gas in my 2.5 for a couple years. anyone like to run it?? V P racing in ca. is $8 to 9+ a gallon av is 4+ or -

:ph34r: winter is here . anyone got any new parts to bolt on. id like to use my seastar helm with a wing plate and ram that i have. any sugestions. i have a reynolds racing yoke on the seastar set up now. it drives great. but i know the ram set up is strongest. the ram i have now was with a capolono helm. i run only av gas in my 2.5 for a couple years. anyone like to run it?? V P racing in ca. is $8 to 9+ a gallon av is 4+ or -

i want to do the same thing with my steering, just saving up for the pieces. gonna send my gauges back to livorsi too to get them working.

I dont know what troubles you had with your gauges, but I had trouble wtih my Livorsi fuel pressure gauge. It was reading low. I didnt feel like pulling it out and driving over there to get it fixed, so I just left it.

I dont know what troubles you had with your gauges, but I had trouble wtih my Livorsi fuel pressure gauge. It was reading low. I didnt feel like pulling it out and driving over there to get it fixed, so I just left it.

been there, done that... new fuel pump, new regulator, new filter and low fuel pressure left me on the trailer for the last river ranch. figured it had to be the gauge or sender, but did not want to take the chance. bought a mech gauge and pressure was fine. :angry:

tach reads 400 higher at idle than ddt shows, gps speedo reads 20 mph all the time. i either have a bad antenna or accidentally bought the omc speedo and it is maxed out LOL fuel and water pressure work ok though.

You didnt hear this from me but I think Livorsi gauges are WAY over rated. I am not impressed with them at all. My tach from livorsi was made from Auto Meter, which did work fine.

I hear ya, and I am sure you can gauge my customer satisfaction level as well.

Same here. Nothing but trouble. Bought GPS Speedo, Tach, H2O PSI, head temp, volt, and trim guages. You do the arithmetic. Not just a buck or two, doncha know.

Volt gauge read 2 volts low from day one. Told them about it and they had me send it back for service. They tested it, said it was 'within tolerance', and sent it back. I have 3 other boat volt gauges and 4 DVMs that all show the right voltage. Go figure.

Tach was flakey at higher RPMs from the get-go too. Finally quit altogether. In their defense, they WERE able to see the problem with the tach and sent me a new one.

2 defects out of 6 sounds a bit high to me?

I hear ya, and I am sure you can gauge my customer satisfaction level as well.

Same here. Nothing but trouble. Bought GPS Speedo, Tach, H2O PSI, head temp, volt, and trim guages. You do the arithmetic. Not just a buck or two, doncha know.

Volt gauge read 2 volts low from day one. Told them about it and they had me send it back for service. They tested it, said it was 'within tolerance', and sent it back. I have 3 other boat volt gauges and 4 DVMs that all show the right voltage. Go figure.

Tach was flakey at higher RPMs from the get-go too. Finally quit altogether. In their defense, they WERE able to see the problem with the tach and sent me a new one.

2 defects out of 6 sounds a bit high to me?

anyone using the reynolds racing yoke on there sea star stering? can you use the sea star helm with a wing plate and ram stering set up??