Kurt G

Has anyone driven the Full Throttle STV?

Kurt, the Ontario or Florida crew can probably give you some better feedback but the one I saw in Jasper (now in Ontario) looked as good as any other Rocket I have seen. I believe there have been some better changes with regards to materials of construction and structure as well.

They look good hanging from a tree? lol Light too.

Thinking about doing Blarney again or just lake boating?

**** something is up with my account, can't post pics and all the posts are in list form where you have to click and open every reply. Anyone else having an issue?

Kurt, the Ontario or Florida crew can probably give you some better feedback but the one I saw in Jasper (now in Ontario) looked as good as any other Rocket I have seen. I believe there have been some better changes with regards to materials of construction and structure as well.

They look good hanging from a tree? lol Light too.

Thinking about doing Blarney again or just lake boating?

**** something is up with my account, can't post pics and all the posts are in list form where you have to click and open every reply. Anyone else having an issue?

They look fine, I have seen Rich's and Dixon's. Dixon's is the only one I know of that is running.

I have not seen a stv jack built yet, but I run all the time with andy driver, brad, and used to run with skittles all having quartershots. Additionally, Jack repaired my stv. His work is very good, I would put it up there with any other stv out there; mine looked better than it ever did when I got it back as did Skittles after being t-boned by a car, sid vicious with a whole new transom, and ricky after blowing over his t-3 in a race in puerto rico. I am glad FTP is picking up where wally left off, i could not imagine anyone else that would maintain the quality the way Jack will.

Thats good to hear. Ive heard that they are made out of different material and are to be lighter and stronger.

Pro Comp, sold the boat to try and start up a new website so I didnt race last year. Thats kinda why I was wondering how the new stv's are. I have to start saving my nickels and dimes to place an order.

Ive heard nothing but good things about Jack and his boats. Good thing he has the molds and no one else .

Lighter yes, stronger I doubt it.

Jack does a nice job with the 2 that I have seen, he puts core in the pad and in the deck where Wally never did that.

Wally built his boats with Kevlar, Jack doesn't. Wally was also a lot more aprehensive about building light boats for joe public.

So far the fit and finsh in a Triad is a lot better, but it was also twice the price. Jack builds one hell of a boat for what he charges!. I would buy one in a second!.

RT

Dont say it to loud about the low prices, he might just up and raise them.

Anybody have one on order?

One more question, does Jack use gelcoat or does he paint the boats?

He will do it whatever way you want, if you want a custom paint job I would assume he would do the boat in all white gel, if you want a gel coat boat then he would layout your colors in the mould.

He is a good guy to deal with, I bought a new boat off him a year ago and he is easy to deal with.

Any updates on running the new STV's?

I've seen 4 now, 2 running. I'll find out this weekend if the newest one out there is out of break in and how it's running when I hi the river. When Dixon's ran last weekend it looked pretty good. But he never did get to make a full pass.