stvhelm

bottom mods

Helmut,

Is that a current picture? Looks kinda like my boat looks right now as far as paint and body. I'm hoping to get the bottom sprayed and cleared today. I found that it was a pain in the @ss to paint while flipped. So, I did what you suggested and flipped it back right side up and have it in the air with two hydraulic engine lifts. It is way easier to spray all the angles on the bottom of the Euro now.

What are you doing with the bottom of yours?

Edwin

Helmut,

Is that a current picture? Looks kinda like my boat looks right now as far as paint and body. I'm hoping to get the bottom sprayed and cleared today. I found that it was a pain in the @ss to paint while flipped. So, I did what you suggested and flipped it back right side up and have it in the air with two hydraulic engine lifts. It is way easier to spray all the angles on the bottom of the Euro now.

What are you doing with the bottom of yours?

Edwin

That pic is from 2000 when it was built. and yes it was waynes boat. The bottom dont look like that now. Its all gelcoat and if you didnt know any better you'd think it was pulled from the mold like that. I noticed right away the boat leaves alot quicker than my last euro but up top I cant really say. my 98 euro was a ski bottom and this is a modified mod vp. I have this motor pretty close to where I had my last motor now so I guess I'll find out if its faster. I even have a prop that I ran before too so it should be a good comparison.

Looks like there is a good size lip on the pad.

Let us know when you run it. Im curious to see how it compares with a stock bottom.

Kurt

Yours is not the only one with tunnel stuffers. There are at least 2 others that I know of, both are active in racing and both are TOP contenders, to outright dominant in there class.... progas.

RT

How are the tunnel stuffers built? Foam than fiberglass over it?

'

Yes.

since then there have been other bottom mods made that give the same effect, I suspect this boat won't be as fast as Helmuts other one. But who knows, this one has a STRAIGHT bottom.

'

Yes.

since then there have been other bottom mods made that give the same effect, I suspect this boat won't be as fast as Helmuts other one. But who knows, this one has a STRAIGHT bottom.

you know I had that impression when i first drove it. when i had my other stv a bone stock 96' 260 with newer 814141 rods and weisco's would go 115. Then when i got this boat it had a bone stock 95' 260 with the early style mahle pistons and big 5250 rods it would only go about 111. then i went and cut some exhaust chest & rod slots and put the svs on and it did 119. 119 is what my other boat did with this same particular 15x32 lab cleaver. the good 14.5 x 32 double lab got destroyed that I went 120's with. I think I have the motor about where i want it now with the new lighter rotating assemby. I should pick up a few r's and get 120's with this prop. I just bought like 6 lab props to play with from 32 -34 but first things first. I just want to see this boat out perform my other stv with the same prop and engine setup before I go changing props. weathers been holding me up :(

'

Yes.

you know I had that impression when i first drove it. when i had my other stv a bone stock 96' 260 with newer 814141 rods and weisco's would go 115. Then when i got this boat it had a bone stock 95' 260 with the early style mahle pistons and big 5250 rods it would only go about 111. then i went and cut some exhaust chest & rod slots and put the svs on and it did 119. 119 is what my other boat did with this same particular 15x32 lab cleaver. the good 14.5 x 32 double lab got destroyed that I went 120's with. I think I have the motor about where i want it now with the new lighter rotating assemby. I should pick up a few r's and get 120's with this prop. I just bought like 6 lab props to play with from 32 -34 but first things first. I just want to see this boat out perform my other stv with the same prop and engine setup before I go changing props. weathers been holding me up :(

Talked to a guy at merc raceing yesterday,depending on rpms he could make me a lab cleaver that would get me 4 to 7 mph ,yea rite,guess how much?im haveing the same problum up here ,weather,just got the cleaver prop i bought from racemen back,try it if you want,cant wait to try it myself,the Srx works great,but rpms are little high,at 85-86 hundred maybe more,hard to look,see ya at the romp,l

Cool info and pic...thx for sharing guys.