Sign in to follow this  
GDL

2000 Euro ski

I have a 2000 Stv Euro Ski and a 99 225 Johnson with a bobs 6" jackplate and bobs added low water pickup and torq tab. I have a Mazco Re3 30 pitch

prop that came with the boat and the hole shot is horrible. When you go to take off it gets up and some times you have to get out of the petal and

get back into it along with trimming it up to get off plan. The midsection is relived with a exhaust snout and also drilled above the cavitation plate and i

was just curious what any thoughts where in trying a different prop such as brand size etc? I don't race but i'm looking for a all around good prop to

run with so me and my son can enjoy the water. I love the boat and its what i wonted for along time i also like to mention that this site is great!

I forgot to add that once on plane she will hall a-- and the nose of the cone is just about even with the pad.

Thanks

I run the Masco on my Euro. The hole shot isn't the best but not bad. I have a 28 and a 30 and the 30 comes out of the hole better than the 28. the 28 is cut different at the bottom of the blade at the hub. I trim under too and soon as it up I trim out till it's aired out. Read trough some of the driving tips on the sight too. Good info there. I'm not sure but maybe the added weight of the Johnson maybe some of your problem. I'm not an expert but there are a lot of other guys on here that may have an answer for you. The only other prop I liked on my Euro is a 28 lab ET that I tried a few years ago but never bought. A friend up here has a River Rocket. He had a 250 Yamaha on it and he was running a Bravo I for outboards and it ran real well and had a good hole shot. You may want to try that.

I went to a friends shop and have a 28 hoss prop and a 29 srx that they let me borrow to try out. Thanks for the reply hydrovector any help is and maybe your right about the weight of the Johnson. I'm curious if a cleaver would work well on this still boat and what size? Hydrovector what set back do you have and do you run a hydrofoil or any other type plat for better holeshot?

Thanks

I have 6.5" of set back. 4.5" with the land and sea lift then bobs 2" spacers.

I have run a Cleaver and the top end was good but very slow to get there. It was not great out of the hole.

No Hydrofoils or plates. With the jackplate I can run the motor down and then trim and raise the motor after take off.

It comes out good. We even use the 28 Masco for tubing, knee boarding and skiing.