Sign in to follow this  
MarkH

Motor Decision

The 2.5 Merc on my Euro once again scattered it's guts. I'm trying to decide whether to fix it (again) or go with something else. At this point and time, I'm willing to give up some mph for reliability.

I've seen some Yamahas and some 300 Mercs running around and just wondering how these are working out on the STVs.

I'm just really disgusted with these 2.5s.

Has anyone seen or heard from Randy Pierson at GPI? I lost his number and his e-mail keeps bouncing back to me. He must have a different e-mail address.

The 2.5 Merc on my Euro once again scattered it's guts. I'm trying to decide whether to fix it (again) or go with something else. At this point and time, I'm willing to give up some mph for reliability.

I've seen some Yamahas and some 300 Mercs running around and just wondering how these are working out on the STVs.

I'm just really disgusted with these 2.5s.

Has anyone seen or heard from Randy Pierson at GPI? I lost his number and his e-mail keeps bouncing back to me. He must have a different e-mail address.

Randy hasn't been around for sometime, but the last time I was at his website he nolonger was into boats. As for engine choice I don't think you can go wromg with one of the new "green" motors. 200hp should put the Euro on 90mph and the 300xs should go 100+.

Randy's around just not into it the high perf stuff as much I did talk to him earlier this summer on getting a different motor so he's still doing stuff.

You can reach him at, randy@gpi.clearwire.net

I had talked to him earlier in the summer and he said that Hi Perf boating was really in the dumps around him. He was into go-carts, but still doing some motor stuff as it came along.

That's the same e-mail address that I have, it keeps bouncing back to me as "undeliverable". I used to have his cell phone number, but he doesn't have any numbers listed on his web page at all.

Thanks anyway