STV_Keith

New best

Hit a new best yesterday...111mph Nothing special for most of you guys, but a new place for me. :) Stock 260, ~85* air temp, Mazco RE3-27 turning 8700rpm. Wish I had my 29 with me now!

l_d9e194408b0246f1a13ec07f9a39c00f.jpg

That's pretty good. Hell I've never been that high, but then I don't even try.

111 is fast no matter what anyone says. Good deal. Up here boating season is about done. We might get lucky with a day or two of some nice weather to take the boats out but thats about it. Snowmobile season is coming now.

Kurt

Hit a new best yesterday...111mph Nothing special for most of you guys, but a new place for me. :) Stock 260, ~85* air temp, Mazco RE3-27 turning 8700rpm. Wish I had my 29 with me now!

l_d9e194408b0246f1a13ec07f9a39c00f.jpg

Congrats. My prop calculator has you right at 10% slip. Not bad at all ;)

Thanks. I think your calculator is broke though. Did you use a 29 pitch or 27? I ran that with the 27...WISH I had the 29. I got 5% on my calculator. :)

Boating season is just getting real good here. Was still in the low 90's last weekend in Havasu. Can't wait for the 50ish temps this winter...always goes faster when it's cool out. :D

Thanks. I think your calculator is broke though. Did you use a 29 pitch or 27? I ran that with the 27...WISH I had the 29. I got 5% on my calculator. :)

Boating season is just getting real good here. Was still in the low 90's last weekend in Havasu. Can't wait for the 50ish temps this winter...always goes faster when it's cool out. :D

Nope, 27. Ya really think you can set it up that efficient? Think yours is broke buddy LOL :P

Thanks Anthony. The boat seems to be running real well right now (I hope it's not the case of it runs best right before it breaks!). Went 107, 2-up with the 27, then 108 2-up with the 29. I like the way the 27 carries the boat better, so I'm gonna have my prop guy mod the 29 a bit. The 27 has 1* less rake (17* vs. 18*), so a little more stern lift. He says he can add stern lift by adding some cup on the trailing edge of the blades near the root. We'll see what it does.

Sounds good Keith...post some pix of that cup job when it's done.

All The Best in 2009.