red v21

set up help

picked up a v21 over the weekend and going to try and run my short shaft 300pm on it. any input? set back, prop, and prop height. this is the boat that came out of LA. originally from MD, maybe scott thorpe's old boat. we thought that walley may of put a transom in it back in 2000. may have to a distribution plate between the hull and jack plate.

thanks in advance

casey

picked up a v21 over the weekend and going to try and run my short shaft 300pm on it. any input? set back, prop, and prop height. this is the boat that came out of LA. originally from MD, maybe scott thorpe's old boat. we thought that walley may of put a transom in it back in 2000. may have to a distribution plate between the hull and jack plate.

thanks in advance

casey

Yeah That is my 1st V-21. If I'd had somewhere to put it I woulda bout it back. 4 boats now and wife woulda killed me. Wally did replace the transom in it right before I bought it. It will be as strong as it was when it was brand new if its been taken care of since I let it go. Dont know how it will do with the 300 on it but Gary James in NC with a yellow V-21 put a regular 20" 300 on his for a short time and said it was a beast. That boat you have is a little bit heavier than the later ones but rode better than my last one. Good luck and please let me know if you ever part with it. I still love to get it back one day and I'll leven give ya what ya paid for it. :P Scott Tharpe

thanks scott. but i think i will be in this boat for awhile. it had a 4" JP on it, all i did is bolt on the 300, and wow. no set up yet, ran a 28 four blade spinelli to 6500 with a 1.75 case, 2 people 88.5 and i am a tad over 300lbs and my buddy is 165lbs, there is at least 3 mph with set up and i had my fuel pressure up from the heavy bass boat so it was WAY FAT there is another 2 to 3 mph. so maybe a 95 to 100 mph when set up properly.

have you ever run any of the hydromotive props? my drag prop is a worked quad 4 24p but that was with my bass boat. it would run 81 at 13.90's in the quarter. do not know if i will run out of prop on this boat but will be great at the 600 mark .

happy new year and look fpward to talking again.

casey

I would think between 6-8 inches of setback would be optimal with the 3 liter, and then just play with the engine height. Contact Rich Owens on Scream and Fly he has one with a 300.