red v21

need to talk to wally

What would you like to know about pad modifications?

what, where, when

what can be done to improve hull for racing

where can i send to

when is a good time

i have read a few articles of other owners taking their boat to wally for a little TLC.

thanks casey

What year is your boat? How much setback? See if you can still feel some wedge or lip on the back edge of the pad... it won't be much? If you are drag racing there is some work that will help air the boat out quicker, but is expensive.

What year is your boat? How much setback? See if you can still feel some wedge or lip on the back edge of the pad... it won't be much? If you are drag racing there is some work that will help air the boat out quicker, but is expensive.

93 triad, has 10" of set back. i do not feel any lip on the back of the pad.

boat seems to lift great. noticed it does not like the motor higher than a half above the pad. makes the backend blow out and lean to the right real bad. course me weighing 300 plus does not help.

thanks for the help.

casey

What gearcase are you running? Prop? engine size?

What layup is your boat?

Sounds like you are on the right path, I know some of te earlier ones were kinda heavy which is why it may not have any wedge on the pad. Throw some sot in the left back corner to counter balance your weight, she should fly level.

What gearcase are you running? Prop? engine size?

What layup is your boat?

Sounds like you are on the right path, I know some of te earlier ones were kinda heavy which is why it may not have any wedge on the pad. Throw some sot in the left back corner to counter balance your weight, she should fly level.

gearcase is stock 3.0l sportsmaster. been running a 28 spinellie dr4. engine is a modified 300 pm on a 15" mid. 92 best so far with 28, ran 97 with a 32 pro et.

do not know what the lay up is but i would assume it is not a light lay up.

Oh a 3.0 liter thats pretty cool. I would try a cleaver to try and get the back of the boat up some. Does the bow get flighty at all? With a 4 blade the boat should drive pretty good I would think

Oh a 3.0 liter thats pretty cool. I would try a cleaver to try and get the back of the boat up some. Does the bow get flighty at all? With a 4 blade the boat should drive pretty good I would think

yea it gets flighty at times. bow lifts great when not jacked up to high. i have heard about installing lips on the pads of boats but have never done it. this is my first real performance boat. what does it help.

The wedge on the pad basically lifts the transom of the boat and gives the boat more of a level profile while at higher speeds. If you add too much it won't allow enough bow lift but in my experience if I didn't have enough the bow was flighty. I would try some cleavers and see how it acts.

Casey, you will get all the info you need to make that thing run kick azz this weekend from Jason S on his V21. It is one of the fastest ones in the country. I will be up there this weekend on the adventure to lake travis. I look forward to meeting you. I want to bring my STV, but my wife wants to take the Scarab instead.

Casey, you will get all the info you need to make that thing run kick azz this weekend from Jason S on his V21. It is one of the fastest ones in the country. I will be up there this weekend on the adventure to lake travis. I look forward to meeting you. I want to bring my STV, but my wife wants to take the Scarab instead.

yea, i am looking foward to it. when will you be up here. looks like i will only be avliable on friday to ride, but saturday or sunday we will porbably take out the big boat.

see ya there.

casey