Desertrat

New STV, Need some driveing HELP

I took my STV out yesterday for the first time, It porped a bit at 90, but when i got it to 100 then 110 it porped and chine walked

I didnt use much trim cuzz i didnt wanna flote the front and it felt like it had good lift any ways, does any one have some ideas of what i was doing wrong or if i need to use more trim ?????

any thoughts would be greatly helpfull

STV's runs very well with very, very little positive trim. Let's see some pictures along with more infomation on your setup?

Welcome

Often whe you get into a high speed porpoise...over 90...it is often due to too much negative trim...a few bumps "out" should get rid of it.

as far as the chine walk / sponson dart....the engine could be mounted to low? Yes pls supply us with some more info...we are happy to help.

im runnen a 300 drag w/ 15 " mid and a 24 yammi drag, last time out i bumped up a couple more bumps on the trim and got rid of the porposing, with my mesurements the prop shaft is even with pad, the previous owner took of the setback so its also mounted to the transom, so im gunna put the set back back on , and im thinken it should probably be 1/2 to 1 " above pad, but got some moto probs and shouldbe back out in another week

thanks for all the help

How much setback? And yes depending on the setback 1 inch up should do well.

THE PREVIOUS OWNER TOOK THE SET BACK OFF, ITS GOT A 5 1/2' INCH SET BACK THAT I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING BACK ON

ALSO I DID A MESSUREMENT AND THE SHAFT IS 1' ABOVE PAD,,

THE PREVIOUS OWNER TOOK THE SET BACK OFF, ITS GOT A 5 1/2' INCH SET BACK THAT I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING BACK ON

ALSO I DID A MESSUREMENT AND THE SHAFT IS 1' ABOVE PAD,,

Desertrat, I am new to this board, but I do have an STV. If I were you I would not put the setback back on. Most people think the boats are quicker mounted right to the transom. If you don't have enough bow lift, then maybe you need the setback. Usually STV's don't need very much bow lift. As you found out a little more trim will get rid of the porposing. Have fun, and be safe.

Randy.............

I just got a 3' jack plate that im gunna try,,

Ive also been told to run the moto between 1 to 2

inchs above pad.. but im wanna set it and work from ther