riaan becker

stv spinning out on corners

Hi i am the owner of a 19 ft stv,with a 285 hp offshore racing motor, i race at about 1600 meter above sea level, i am getting 149 km per hr at the moment but the boat is very hard to handle through corners and spins out easy. i spin a 26 et mercury prop. I am from south africa, and I would really be thankful if anybody could help me with the above and even more speed. i race what we call in south africa hard bottom racing i did my 1st race last weekend ,but the boat kicked my ass and threw me out needless to say i ended up with a few bruises on my back side. please can anyone help

need more input. what gearcase, and where is it set? (height). what type steering?

and finally, what bottom? depending on what bottom you have, it should turn like it's on rails.

need more input. what gearcase, and where is it set? (height). what type steering?

and finally, what bottom? depending on what bottom you have, it should turn like it's on rails.

i am using a high performance bullet gearbox with forward and reverse, 1.87 ratio. bullet centre inline with bottom of boat but have tried it 1/2 inch lower, steering is hydraulic power assist supplied by mercury the name is hydrive, the hull i got i think is one of the early ones, it is not the one with the inverted v in the center. if i look at the boat it seems to have had a fin on the left side sitting in the boat 1.8 meters from the back.

Hmmm sounds like a blow-out condition. Post some pix of the hull please?