Sign in to follow this  
Administrator

Reply from Sea-Foam

Reply from Sea-Foam fuel stabilizer after asking them on how it works. I'm waiting on reply if they did a side by side test with STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer... another completing brand.

Sea Foam does more than stabilize as I'm sure you know.Sea Foam cleans by re liquefying gum and varnish, controls moisture and adds upper cylinder lube when added to fuel and oil.Sea Foam also stabilizes fuel for up to two years. Because Sea Foam is a pure petroleum blend with no chemical additives it stabilizes fuel by not letting the fuel break down to gum and varnish.Sea Foam keeps the fuel in a liquid form with no gum and varnish deposits. The fuel may not be as potent as it was new but the fuel remains useable.When the fuel cant form gum and varnish in carburetors and fuel injectors that keeps them free from plugging due to old varnish and gum deposits.

Sea Foam ran a test. We used Ball jars and put unleaded 10% atonal blended fuel with Sea Foam in one jar and two competitors mixtures in two other sealed ball jars. We did the same with vented Ball jars.After two and a half years I got back to the jars and tested the remaining fuels in a brand new generator. All the sealed samples ran the generator.The only container that was vented that had any fuel left to test run the generator was the container that had Sea Foam mixed with the fuel. The generator started and ran fine with the Sea Foam mixture. The remains left in the other two vented containers had all evaporated away.

Jim Davis

Sea Foam Sales Co.

Technical Service Manager

ASE Certified Auto Technician

Do we have any members who wish to ask the same question for STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer. Their web address is.

/>http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx

Thanks

Do we have any members who wish to ask the same question for STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer. Their web address is.

/>http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx

Thanks

I consistantly add a little sea foam to everything, especially anything I may run 87 octane in.

Ethanal sucks.