AnthonySS

STV Small Projects

For those of us that don't have the option of not driving in the rain....this was a long awaited add. It involved disconnecting the tank, without removal, and just sliding it forward.

Once the tank it slid forward and out of the way, the bilge port is revealed and from their project becomes quite simple. The sub floor at the transom has just enough space to drill a hole to route the bilge hose. The hose does have to access through its own port as once the tank is slid back in place it would be pinched if routed just thru the bilge port. I just used 1” spade bit to make the hole.

This was all the drilling required. The Attwood pump I chose happened to fit the roof height perfectly so it could be literally wedge in place. I also chose to use no fasteners for mounting. I just used some medium modulus structural silicone and glued it in- place. After it was secured I connected the hose and did the electrical connections. For now the outlet hose is just lying in the back of the boat and can be pulled out when required. I also hooked the switch up under the deck as to not to clutter up the dash. See pix..

post-6-0-42153000-1296267454.jpg

post-6-0-92157500-1296267526.jpg

post-6-0-42821900-1296267617.jpg

post-6-0-67594800-1296267632.jpg

post-6-0-45992400-1296267651.jpg

Now another must for the EFI motor with 16 amp stator....an onboard charger. I mounted this on the bulkhead on the port side just ahead of my battery location. It’s a 5 amp charger that cycles the charging process and shuts down when fully charged. Literally a plug and play option…I just love this. The switch you see is for the bilge pump. A very easy install for unit that cost just under 100 bux. And saves the hassle of setting-up a charger every time you want to go out and play. Now its time to clean up the wiring....the next project I will be tackling in the Spring will be dressing up the dash panel..white faced guages...got to go...stay tuned...

post-6-0-23645700-1296268202.jpg

post-6-0-61670600-1296268221.jpg

post-6-0-31092400-1296268233.jpg

Let us know when you get started fish. I do want to add a thru hull fitting just not sure where yet and not sure if I want to go white to match the hull or blue anodized to match other hardware?

Last season when my SM case was broke, I had not used the STV for about 2 months. I had noticed that some wasps had nest their larvae in my tell tail hoses on the 2.5. So I picked them out and thought nothing more about it. When my SM was repaired and I backed down the ramp, with also a fresh water pump, fired the engine, gears worked great, however the engine would not piss. I immediately remember the nesting I found earlier in the season and decided to inspect the tell hose further. To my dismay, they had nested all the way up to the t-stat housings and all the way to the poppet port. Once removed and replaced the lines…all was good again.

Therefore I came up with this “plug” to seal off the tell tails when the boat is not in use. Literally they are tips off of caulking tubes, plugged with sealant. I use a lot of them on the job so it was an easy add.

post-6-0-81807000-1296328653.jpg

post-6-0-66430200-1296328663.jpg

anthony, you hit the nail on the head, the center sponson bildge pump is just what i need to add! i have a 500 gph in each outer sponsons but couldnt fit 1 in the center. what attwood pump fits ? i also use an onboard batterytender brand maintainer 800ma.which is pluged in when stored,& never have any battery issues with my 260 running fuelpump & stereo-sometimes ,a great addition to any boat.

Gary yes I considered 3 pumps but the outer sponson barely draw any water and I thought there is enough access to hand bail those ares into the centre. Anyway nothing worse than being on poker run in the rain and hearing and feeling water sloshing back and forth. It's just dangerous. The attwood I am using is a.compact V500 model number 4204-7.

Let us know when you get started fish. I do want to add a thru hull fitting just not sure where yet and not sure if I want to go white to match the hull or blue anodized to match other hardware?

i know what you mean, i have a hard time cutting a hole in the boat or adding a thru hull. :) right now i am leaning towards ziptying the hose underneath the cables that come out on the stbd side cable boot to the motor. i am thinking i will cut the hose off fairly short so it cannot be seen and that way i do not have to add a thru hull fitting but water can still be pumped out just in case.

Yeah there is always so much to think about even for the simplist applications but thats what also makes the sport fun :).

Another thing I considerd is that I want to be able to see when the pump has stopped draining therefore I want to be able to do a shoulder chk to starboard. So I think I would locate the outlet to the star-side...but yes right now it is zip-tied below deck. The RR back seat has small ports on either-side-topside that the hose can nicely acces thru. I may even look at putting a fitting to the that area and just plug it in there when needed?

This pic shows the port I was talking about just at the topside of the rear seat.

post-6-0-17478200-1296484610.jpg

i used clear spill hoses that exit where the steering cables used to exit,dressed them with powdercoated bezels,you can hardly see the hose ends.the hydrallic steering hoses exit out the top ,behind motor rigging tubes,with powdercoated bezels ,allmost watertight on top,yet easy to work on when needed.i really think an stv is a very easy boat to rig, kinda roomy behind the back seat too.