JFB

FIRST TUNNEL

I HAVE DRIVEN FRENDS ELIMINATOR DAYTONA WITH OMC V8 AND STEALTH WITH 2.5 BUT HAVE NOT OWNED A PERFORMANCE BOAT YET.I FOUND A 1986 20 FT. STV PROCOMP TUNNEL FOR SALE WITH 2.5 WITH STOCK 150 HP.POWER HEAD.HAS NYDOL STEERING?? IS THIS A GOOD HULL FOR A ROOKIE?? I'M NOT INTERESTED [YET] IN BIG TOP END SPEED---JUST FAST ENOUGH TO OUT RUN JETSKI'S.IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR A STUDENT DRIVER LET ME KNOW--THANKS--JOHN

I HAVE DRIVEN FRENDS ELIMINATOR DAYTONA WITH OMC V8 AND STEALTH WITH 2.5 BUT HAVE NOT OWNED A PERFORMANCE BOAT YET.I FOUND A 1986 20 FT. STV PROCOMP TUNNEL FOR SALE WITH 2.5 WITH STOCK 150 HP.POWER HEAD.HAS NYDOL STEERING?? IS THIS A GOOD HULL FOR A ROOKIE?? I'M NOT INTERESTED [YET] IN BIG TOP END SPEED---JUST FAST ENOUGH TO OUT RUN JETSKI'S.IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR A STUDENT DRIVER LET ME KNOW--THANKS--JOHN

not a beginners boat.it should be able to outrun any jetski ,in style! stvs are easy to drive, just take your time & dont over trim .also some very good info on this site to read & learn.

My first STV had a 150 on it and it was a blast and super fuel efficient. With a good prop and set-up the boat will run 80-85 mph. The only tricky thing is that 80-85 is just the sweet spot that that hull stops bouncing. Therfore you won't be able to power thru-it like you can with higher HP motors. This will be quite nervey for the novice so practice the behaviour of your own first, becasue it will intensify with a load. Just ask and we'll be happy yo help you along John...welcome ;)

Welcome,

Not sure if a 150hp is enough to really enjoy a STV. Most with 200hp run 90mph +/- a few. I'm sure others will chime in. But, until then please post some pictures.