ripnik67@yahoo.com

stv euroski best prop and motor height?

Sounds like the same setup I had. 28ET, 1 inch above the pad. I had a CMC 5.5 setback too. From memory that will put you at 102mph on the limiter. It's late and I will add more info later this weekend. But check the library for a cleaver test I did...

Sounds like the same setup I had. 28ET, 1 inch above the pad. I had a CMC 5.5 setback too. From memory that will put you at 102mph on the limiter. It's late and I will add more info later this weekend. But check the library for a cleaver test I did...

Thanks for the info

looking for the best prop and motor height for my euro

I have the same motor and have been running a 32" lab cleaver. The motor is set with the prop shaft even with the bottom of the boat or slightly higher. I start to lose water pressure if I go any higher (motor is on a C&C lift). I only run top speed with two of us in the boat and I usually get 108 to 110 on short runs and a high of 112 on a longer full throttle run at 7500 to 7700 RPM. I have hit the standard Rev limiter at 7750. The cleaver runs very smooth and it's easy to control bow lift. My lab ET is 30" and it is not as fast as the cleaver but will get to 105.

I just noticed a crack in one of the blades on the cleaver so I will be looking for another prop too. Good luck

Graham...actually a 32 Cleaver does sound like a nice setup....gives you great top end and just off or around the rev limiter. I am still loooking for someting for the RR too. right now with RE3-30 its around 105-110. Neat prop for all around but a 32 might be nice. The 32's generally have more rake then the lower pitched cleavers which will give the hull more bite and load carying capabilty. Thx Graham

i have a 15 -32 ron hill cleaver which will run 120+ gps,not my favorite due to slow holeshot.had a slightly modified 14 & one half 30 pitch chopper((lost when a propshaft broke last year) which was ok at 115.but my all time favorite would be a 14 & a quarter 28 spinelli which i get a good holeshot & will get 110 with 2 people abord.all running at an inch & three quarter above on a 6 inch setback,my riverrocket is a heavy750 pound hull with a full 4 seat interior, stereo & around 15 gal of gas in the tank ,260 hp & a 1.87 sportmaster.oh & i get 18 to 20 psi water pressure at 50 mph & up.lately been having a blast with a 14 & a half 24p big ear chopper wich blasts out of the hole & will net about 98 mph at around 8000 rpm.WHATS THE BEST PROP??? I SAY TRY EVERY ONE YOU CAN!setup is the key, you will know when you find the sweet spot for your euro, we are always learning.most important is to be safe & have fun! :)