bfindley

STV River Rocket

I am doing a little research on the construction of the STV river rockets, I would like to know what was the last year Roark Summerford actually built the River Rockets? Who then immediatly started to build after Summerford, any information would be appreciated! I have a '97 and Iam curious as to who actually built this boat, Thanks alot Bob.

My river rocket is a 1996, built by Roark Summerford,i have been told that was his last year ,Triad for the next several years then around 2007? the moulds went to Jack at Fullthrottle Powerboats. some splashes were made at lightning powerboats ,slightly different & poor quality.also Mike Nass in canada builds a river rocket.I"m sure the experts will chime in .do a search on STV on this sight & you can find out more.Lets see some pix of your rocket. have fun ,Gary

STV Drive, Thanks for the info about the rockets and I did find a good used one but it was sold, so it looks like a new one, I will post a picture as soon as I learn to do it! Thanks again, Bob.

STVdrive, Do you happen to know if and where on a '97 rocket there would be a manufacturers name, I know where the serial numbers are located. I wanted to know if Triad or others actually stamped their name on this particular year and or model. This boat has the Summerford sticker but as you know any sticker can be applied. :D Thanks alot, Bob.

Bob, mine is not stamped,boat was painted before i got it, has the yellow lable inside the hull on the starboard side.STV has not been a massproduced kind of boat,alot have & are custom built to order.a picture is worth a thousand words on finding out about the history of your rig.someone should know,

I am doing a little research on the construction of the STV river rockets, I would like to know what was the last year Roark Summerford actually built the River Rockets? Who then immediatly started to build after Summerford, any information would be appreciated! I have a '97 and Iam curious as to who actually built this boat, Thanks alot Bob.

I was told that after Summerford wss done in 96 there was another builder making them in Mo, or down that way, for a year or two before Triad took over. Mike Mullins at Mirage boats in Florida can tell you who it was. I cant rmember the name.

The Mississippi built boats had the HIN number starting with "TIA"

Administrator, were the Carpenter built boats made in Mississippi with the first three letters of the serial numbers being 'TIA'? Would you happen to know who built river rockets with the first three letters being 'TIU'? My rocket is a '97 and begins with 'TIU', Thank you, Bob.

Larry, thanks alot! you have helped me with the history of this boat and I do appreciate it! If you have any additional information about the Carpenter built boats, I would certainly be greatful. Thanks for your time and help. Bob.

Hey Bob, You may want to talk with Mike Mullins at Mrage. He seems to know some of that history. He told me that they did not build any kevlar lay ups. His email is mirageboatsinc@aol.com. He is in Winterhaven Fl. Best of luck.

Yes the Carpenter Brothers ran the moulds from about 97-99 out of Mississippi. Good info guys. Larry owned one of the nicest Euros from that era :)