deckofficer

Anyone using the Verado 350 SCi?

I know it is about 150 lbs heavier than the two strokes, but for us that want a longer running, quieter motor and not have to deal with two stroke restrictions on many lakes, I wouldn't mind paying the extra coin if that added aft weight doesn't cause problems.

welcome deckofficer,asuming that you are talking about an stv euro in your posts, i dont know of anyone that has powered one with a verado or any fourstroke due to the performance factor & extra weight,an optimax 300, or etec would be a better choice,they are very user friendly outboards, & have been mounted on euros on several applications with great sucess. good luck on your search.

So about the heaviest engine to clamp on would be around 300 lbs like the Optimax 200? I think the Optimax 300 is about 500 lbs, and the supercharged 350 hp 4 stroke about 650 lbs?

optimax 200 is #434 ,the 300xs opti is #505.the 350 fourstroke is #667, these weight listings are from mercury racing web specs,what they list at weight , probably are dry (withought fluids ,not ready to run specs) so actual weight may be a bit more.you may want to get ahold of jack at fullthrottle powerboats to choose the best power options for your needs.i'll say it again ,a 300xs opti or big etec is a good fit for a euro,they dont smoke,very quiet running ,dont make alot of noise & will get you over 100 mph & sip fuel.just big $$ to purchase ...but what isnt these days?? :rolleyes:

bob,you could put a 200hp "fishing motor"on an stv & with proper set up run mid to high 90 mph & possibly touch 100 with some performance mods & not break the bank costwise.stvs are of a very great design.

Yeah the 350 sounds like a monster at those weight...I would concerend with the C\G placement and could warrant adding weight to the nose ...