AnthonySS

READER RIDES

An old Role from September that got developed.

Our Kids Ejoying the STV Charger as a beach platform :D

Lots of plans for the Charger in the Spring...mostly re-rig and clean up

post-6-1136820373.jpg

post-6-1136820439.jpg

anthony, how does the charger handle? You dont see to many of them around. It is a good looking boat.

MIKE,

Thanks for compliments. I like the Charger. It certainly does not handle like a pickle Fork STV, but as you may be aware; this hull was the influence to the STV Sprint Bottom. The Charger is actually built from an authorized and lessened to use, Summerford Mold

Traditionally it still runs like a V bottom making it best performance with some bow lift. It likes the bow lift of a chopper style, but wheel torque is hard, it likes a Cleaver in the rough water where bow lift is not as important, so a good all around prop has been the ET. Boat is very effective in roundy as it turns better then pickle with a Ski Bottom IMO. Great Boat for a small family as it gets you home safe in ruff water and has decent storage for beach items and picniking :)

So far we are getting 79.9 GPS with either a 14x 30 chopper or a 14.5 x 30 Merc Cleaver with tired stock 200 merc.. No functional tach yet so I figure RPM in the 6-2 to 6-3 range My ET is only 24 pitch so I dont exceed 6-2 RPM with it

The Chargers are built decent and if anything are on the heavy side so I doubt the boat would go much more then 85 when all dialed in.. They where well appointed boats with features like big knee braces, foot trim, steering trim, pre-rigged for merc etc.

Plans for 06 are to re-rig and clean up rigging, get all the gauges functioning and work on gearcase and setup of course. I think I should be able to make this thing run near 85 with more setup time.

post-6-1137504970.jpg

Looks good Anthony! I have not seen many Chargers, glad you posted and hope you will keep us updated with the progress.

Hello fellow performance boaters. Its taken a couple days to read and look through all of the posts.Awsome boats u guys. Its very cool to see the stv has such a following. Just purchased a charger stv rigged with a 2.5 set up with a 20 inch mid, cle gearcase and it runs 28 inch maszco chopper. The fellow I bought it off of dragged it pro gas and has done 11.2 in the 1/4@ 100 mph with a 32 inch cleaver. That was just for fun as his other boat he raced was an f1 with a 390 hp merc.... very cool.He actually at one seazson ended as fifth in the world. So when I heard a whisper of his baby was 4 sale I jumped on it. My hull is a 91 and the merc is couple years old. It looks as if though its never left the show room. He figures the merc is around 280 hp with little mods other than a port clean up, exhaust work, and read spacer. it has broke 105 on the gps with the 32 and I have had it up to 95.... uh thats fast, and the boat is very stable compareds to the cougars I've been in @ those speeds. Anyhow I'll try to get some pics soon on here. Cheers

Hello fellow performance boaters. Its taken a couple days to read and look through all of the posts.Awsome boats u guys. Its very cool to see the stv has such a following. Just purchased a charger stv rigged with a 2.5 set up with a 20 inch mid, cle gearcase and it runs 28 inch maszco chopper. The fellow I bought it off of dragged it pro gas and has done 11.2 in the 1/4@ 100 mph with a 32 inch cleaver. That was just for fun as his other boat he raced was an f1 with a 390 hp merc.... very cool.He actually at one seazson ended as fifth in the world. So when I heard a whisper of his baby was 4 sale I jumped on it. My hull is a 91 and the merc is couple years old. It looks as if though its never left the show room. He figures the merc is around 280 hp with little mods other than a port clean up, exhaust work, and read spacer. it has broke 105 on the gps with the 32 and I have had it up to 95.... uh thats fast, and the boat is very stable compareds to the cougars I've been in @ those speeds. Anyhow I'll try to get some pics soon on here. Cheers

Hey Hotrod, welcome to STV Owners! Sounds like a nice ride you have there, look forward to seeing the pics.

fish

Welcome Hot Rod...lets see some pics of the Charger STV...I also run a Charger STV,... 18.

Cool on the Aussie STV too :D

SCOTT,

The Euro looks awesome...WELCOME to STVowners...don't be afraid to let us know how we can help :D

I dunno...looks a little gusty....you know they'll blow with that amount of trim :D

BTW...interior looks great :D

RBT, it is a Mcpherson boat.

STV 260 be very careful if you are getting that boat to run over a 100.

Mcpherson is that the guy from charger? I thaught it was wierd when he said it was a 2000 procomp.... why should he be carefull? the boat runs real flat.....

Dave bought the drag bottom and the pro comp ski molds when Wally bought the rocket euro and the ski and mod-vp bottom molds.

Roark Summerford only ever made 7-8 of the drag bottoms. Most of them no longer exist............

Be VERY VERY careful with it, specially getting out of the throttle and don't be to greedy with the trim. It WILL bite you.

RT

Oh, and no not from Charger. That was the Canzano Brothers ( sp? ). Chargers are now built by Ray Stoss....... run like the wind.

RT

Here is a new one from the other day. I thought it might be a good way to show my new interior... :D

Holeshot, that pic Rocks!!!!

[attachmentid=2271]Hello to all,

Wanted to share some pictures of my STV. It is a 1992 pro comp ski with 2.4 mod vp 240.

My previous boat was a 1984 16 ft. Baja with a 2.4 EFI Merc. with nitrous,( which I still have, and will be forsale) , I have never had an accurate speed indicated on it but I 'm thinging it is running mid 90's to 100.It is a pretty wild ride compared to STV. Wife isn't scared of it but, it is a lot rougher ride than STV.

The Stv I just got, I have added a 6 inch set back and changed the jets, had to change reeds ,old ones were burnt etc. Engine was pretty sick but still was able to run around 80 on a gaffrig speedometer. They had a Air box on carbs ,I took it off first thing. As of now running around 95 mph with a ss 14 1/2 x 27 yamaha copy prop. Still dialing it in hope for at least a 100 mph w/ my 14x 30 merc cleaver. Have to wait till next summer ,winter has shut us down. I live in Ohio but we have a houseboat on Dale Hollow lake in KY./TENN. where we do all of our boating.

Wild Mike

post-1419-1164075555.jpg

Hey WILDMIKE,

Welcome to STVowners and thanks for sharing your ride with us...very cool. I still have a sweet spot for ProComps and I am happy to see your're liking the STV ride.

Lets us know how we can help you