AnthonySS

READER RIDES

IPB Image

how do you all like my new trailer? bought it in october.

we just swapped it from one trailer to this one that night.

couldn't do it though without making some 8300 rpm

passes with the 32 cleaver. i know, the marina is half

a dump.

Here is a pic from this summer of the Euro I bought from Procomp.. We had it out at Scotties island in Kenora ontario where Im from.

[attachmentid=2273]

Welcome to stvowners, that boat gets better looking all the time! :D

Looking forward to a spring run. :)

Welcome Thundercat...Euro looks great :)

hey thundercat, welcome to STVOwners! I always loved that boat, glad it found a good home.

Hotrod, when you post a reply, there is a little box below the big white are you type in that has a "browse" button next to it. Click browse and it will open a window that allows you to search for images you want to upload on your computer. double lick (or single click and hit "ok") on the image and then clcik "add this attachment" next to "browse". The pic has to be less than 600x400 though so you might need to resize it.

fish

thanks fish,tried all that and even went into my control settings to the auto size and it still won't let me post.it just tells me to get a hold of a manager.

hotrod, the pic was huge and unforetunately lost some clarity with my size reduction program, sorry.

right on procomp, thanks for the help. got to go shovel snow. we'll catch up later.

Hey Rob,

welcome to STVOwners.com!! That sure is a good looking euro, I have always loved that color combo. What do you have on it for power and how does she run?

fish

hey guys,

Right now i have a 175 optimax on it but i am lookin to move up to a 2.5xs. THe optis get great mileage and performance. It runs 85 on gps but i am bouncing off the rev limit hard. If i don't get a new motor I am going to throw 1.75 gears into to hopeful put me up to about 90. Not bad with a 175 i think. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! Happy Holidays!

Rob

hey guys,

Right now i have a 175 optimax on it but i am lookin to move up to a 2.5xs. THe optis get great mileage and performance. It runs 85 on gps but i am bouncing off the rev limit hard. If i don't get a new motor I am going to throw 1.75 gears into to hopeful put me up to about 90. Not bad with a 175 i think. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! Happy Holidays!

Rob

just my $.02, but you will be much happier with the xs than the 1.75 gears, although your wallet probably will not. Also, if you are bouncing hard on the limiter, you might be able to find a prop that lets her stretch her legs a bit more. What prop you running?

Fish,

I am spinning a 32" Lightning ET on the limiter pretty hard. I will hit the limiter at about 75 and i back off a tad let the prop catch more and can go about 82 at around 5400-5500 rpm. Feels like it could crank to about 6100-6200. The wallet is what counts in the end. If i could just get off the limiter I could deal without a new motor for another year or two.

Fish,

I am spinning a 32" Lightning ET on the limiter pretty hard. I will hit the limiter at about 75 and i back off a tad let the prop catch more and can go about 82 at around 5400-5500 rpm. Feels like it could crank to about 6100-6200. The wallet is what counts in the end. If i could just get off the limiter I could deal without a new motor for another year or two.

I stand corrected, I cant really recommend a much better prop than that, especially if you are banging the rev limiter with it. Maybe a prop shop like performance propellers in Soddy Daisy TN could help by working your ET. Might be worth a call and talk to them. Cheaper than the XS and rebuilding the case.

Thanks Fish I was thinking of getting the prop worked but I don't think that will completely solve the problem. Maybe the gears and rework the prop. A new motor is optimal but we'll see. I live in NJ so boating weather is a little ways off. Have time to figure something out. Got a number of that place?